Chapter 14

Laura's Pov

As soon as we walked in the door, Jc said, "Do we know the gender?" I rolled my eyes and said, "No Jc. I'm only 13 weeks. You don't find out the gender until at least 16 weeks."

"But I wanna know what you're having." "Don't care."

"But Laura." "Jc. Chill out. You only have to wait like a month to find out."

"Fine." Sam said, "Wait. Laura. You're 13 weeks?"

I said, "Yeah." "So this is a pre-wedding baby?"

"No. I think it's a honeymoon baby." "Maybe you're right. Maybe I counted wrong."

"It happens." I grabbed Ki's hand and went up to our room.

I laid on the bed and said, "This isn't a pre-wedding baby, right?" Ki laid next to me and said, "No baby. We've been married a little less than 14 weeks. This is a honeymoon baby. Don't get yourself all worked up."

"I'm sorry." He kissed the top of my head and said, "Just breathe baby girl. It's okay. Life is stressful but you need to keep your stress levels low."

"I'm trying." He grabbed the sonogram out of his pocket and said, "Look at this little baby right there. That's our angel. And in a few short months, he or she will be in our arms."

"Okay. I'll try to keep myself stress free. But I make no promises." He put his hand on my stomach and said, "This is our little angel in there. I will make sure that you're as stress-free as possible."

"How are we gonna tell the fans Ki?" "We'll take it at your pace. Whenever you're ready, we can tell them."

"I don't know if I'll ever be ready." "Don't talk like that. I know there's been a lot of change recently, but everything is going to work out beautifully."

"I'm just scared." "What's scaring you about this baby girl?"

"What if we lose the baby?" "You can't think like that baby girl. We need to think about positives, not negatives."

"I'm sorry." He kissed the top of my head and said, "I'm not upset with you baby girl. I just don't want anything happening to you or our little miracle."

"Can we invite Tab over? I mean. She's gone through this with Hudson." "Sure baby girl. I'll call her and see if she has time to come over."

"Thank you." "Anything for you baby doll."

He pulled out his phone and called Tab. Once he hung up with her, he said, "She'll be over in twenty minutes. Do you want me in here while you talk to her?"

"I think so." "Okay. But if you ever want me to leave, just let me know."

"Okay babe." We laid in bed for a little bit and soon Tab was there with Hudson.

We went up to Ki and I's room and she handed Hudson to me. She said, "So what's going on? What's got you so stressed out?"

I looked over at Ki and he said, "Well. We're kind of expecting. We just found out yesterday. We had our appointment this morning. She's 13 weeks along." "Well. First of all congratulations. That's so exciting. But what about this has you stressed out? What's scary to you?"

I said, "Well. I'm just scared that I might lose the baby." "And what makes you worried about that?"

"I don't know. It's just something that's in the back of my mind. Miscarriages are common." "Well. You're technically out of the miscarriage window since you're 13 weeks along."

"I am?" "Yeah. The miscarriage window is within the first 3 months."

"Oh. Okay. Well. I just, um, I didn't want to tell everyone when there was a chance I could lose the baby." "Well. I'm not telling you that you need to tell everyone immediately, but just don't wait too long. Everyone's gonna be really excited. And now Hudson will have a friend."

"I guess I'm just overall worried about how I'm gonna do as a mom. I mean. You're so great with Hudson. I just don't know if I'll be able to do that with our baby." "What makes you think you won't be a good mom? Hudson loves spending time with you and taking care of him seems to come natural for you."

"I just don't want to mess up my child." "That's every mom's fear. I'm sure you're gonna do amazing. It's gonna seem hard at the beginning but you'll get into a routine and everything will be great."

Ki wrapped his arm around me and said, "See babe. There's no need to stress yourself out over this. Every first time mom worried about how they'll raise their child, but we'll figure it out." Tab said, "Exactly. It's gonna be scary at first. But you've got a lot of support behind you. And you've had practice with helping me with Hudson. I mean. Look how much my baby boy loves you. His auntie Laura is his favorite, just don't tell Izzy I said that."

Ki said, "I'm telling." "Don't make me hit you."

I said, "He won't say anything." "And this is why you're my favorite."

We hung out with Tab and Hudson for a few hours and then they left. Ki and I did some online shopping for the new house.

The guys ordered pizza for dinner and then Ki and I went to bed around 11.