Chapter 13

Laura's Pov

I woke up the next morning and Ki was still sleeping. I got out of bed and started to get ready for my appointment.

I took a quick shower and then put on a pair of shorts and one of Ki's sweatshirts. I blow dried my hair and threw it up in a ponytail.

I slid on my glasses and went back in the room. I sat on the bed next to Kian and said, "Babe. You gotta get up and get ready for the appointment." "No. I'm so tired."

"Babe. Cmon. I don't want to have to yank you out of bed." "Just five more minutes."

I rolled my eyes and got off the bed. I went down to Jc's room and said, "Can you please go get my annoying husband up so he can get ready for my appointment?" "Your wish is my command."

We went back in my room and Jc dragged Kian out of bed. I said, "Thanks Jc." "Anytime."

He walked out of the room and Kian glared at me. "Why did you tell him to pull me out of bed?"

"I am not going to be late for this appointment because you overslept." "Fine. I'm up. I'll be ready in like 20 minutes."

"Okay baby. I'll be downstairs." He grabbed my hand and said, "Don't be mad at me."

"I'm not baby, you just need to get ready." He stood up and said, "Can I at least get a good morning kiss?"

"After you get ready." He pulled me into him and said, "No. Now."

I kissed him and said, "There. Now go get ready." "Fine."

I went downstairs and sat on the couch. Sam came downstairs and said, "Why do you already look angry?"

"I'm not angry." "Yes you are."

"Okay. Fine. Maybe a little bit. I'm just a little upset that Ki woke up late. He knows how I feel about being late." "Laura. He's probably stressed. I mean. You bought a house and found out you had a baby on the way all in one day. That's a lot for anyone. And don't think this is me telling you he isn't excited, because I know for a fact he is, but just cut him a little slack. Give him a few days and he'll be back to his old self."

Ki came downstairs and said, "Alright babe. Let's go. And after your appointment, I'm taking you out for an I'm sorry breakfast because I wouldn't wake up when you wanted me to."

I got off the couch and said, "I love you." "I love you too baby girl."

I kissed him and said, "Alright. Let's go." We said bye to Sam and went out to the car. We drove to the doctor's office and parked the car.

We got out and checked in for our appointment. Not long after, a nurse took us back and got all of my measurements. She left the room and soon Dr. Thomas came in.

She said, "Laura. So nice to see you again. I see you've brought Kian." "Hi Dr. Thomas. Yeah. We're hoping that there will be some good news today."

"Well. There is. You are indeed pregnant. I'm just gonna need you to lie down so I can do a sonogram and see how far along you are." I nodded and laid back on the bed.

She squirted the gel on my stomach and used the wand to look around. She said, "There's your baby. You seem to be about 13 weeks."

I said, "Wait. 13 weeks? As in I'm over three months pregnant?" "Yes Laura. You're over three months pregnant."

"Oh my gosh. The baby's okay, right?" "Yes. He or she is perfectly healthy. Don't stress yourself out. I know mothers who found out at seven months and they had perfectly healthy babies."

"Okay. I'm sorry. I was just a little worried." Ki grabbed my hand and said, "It's okay baby. Our baby is healthy. No need to stress."

Dr. Thomas said, "I'm gonna go get these printed out and get you your prescription for your prenatal vitamins." I said, "Thank you Dr. Thomas."

She nodded and walked out. Ki said, "13 weeks baby. Which means how many are left until we meet our angel?"

"Well. Pregnancy is usually 40 weeks, so 27, give or take a few." "27 weeks until our baby is officially here?"

"Yes babe. Around 27 weeks." Dr. Thomas came back in and said, "Alright Laura. You are all good to go."

"Thank you so much Dr. Thomas." "Of course. I sent your prescription off to your pharmacy and you just need to go up front and make your next appointment."

I nodded and she walked out. We left the exam room and went out to the reception area. We made my next appointment and went back out to the car.

We drove to Waffle House and went in and got a table. After we finished eating, Ki paid and we went back to the house.