Chapter 27

Laura's Pov

I woke up the next morning to Colton crying. I went down to his room and took him out of his crib. I changed his diaper and got him dressed for the day.

Once he was dressed, I went down to Ki and I's room and sat on the bed next to Ki. I said, "Babe. Wake up. We need to get ready to take Colton to his appointment." He rolled over and said, "No. I'm tired."

"We can nap later." "But baby."

"Don't 'but baby' me. Get your butt out of bed." "How about I lay in bed and cuddle with little man while you get ready."

"You just want an excuse to stay in bed longer." "Well. He's already ready for the day. So I can just lay with him while you get ready."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Fine."

I went in the bathroom and washed my face. I brushed my teeth and then brushed my hair out. I put my hair up in a bun and went back in our room.

I went in our closet and picked out my outfit. I ended up deciding on wearing one of Ki's sweatshirts and a pair of leggings. I slid on my converse and went back in the room.

I took Colton from Ki and said, "Now go get ready." "Fine. If I must."

I rolled my eyes and went down to Colton's room. I got his diaper bag packed and took him downstairs.

I got him in his carrier and soon Ki came downstairs. We went out to the car and drove to the pediatrician's.

We got checked in and waited to be called back. Colton got a little fussy while we were waiting, so Ki took him out of his carrier and bounced him a little bit.

Soon we were called back and the nurse got all of Colton's measurements. She asked us a bunch of questions about all of the milestones he had hit and then it was time for his shots.

I held Colton in my lap and Ki was distracting him by playing with one of his toys. The nurse did the first shot, and he barely flinched. But, when she did the second shot, he started screaming.

The nurse put the band-aid on him and I just bounced him and tried to get him to calm down. The nurse left to get his doctor and Ki said, "I told you he didn't need the shots."

I sighed and said, "Ki. He has to get his shots. It doesn't hurt him for long." "I know. But he was in so much pain."

"Babe. It just startled him. That's all. He's already calmed down. You have got to stop being so overprotective of him." "Fine. But I'm spoiling him with his puffs when we get home."

"Fine babe."

Soon the doctor came in and did her check up on him and then we went back to the house. We went inside and I put Colton in his walker.

Ki started feeding Colton his puffs and I went in the kitchen to make breakfast for us. I ended up making french toast, eggs, and sausage because I know it's Ki's favorite.

Once everything was ready, I called Ki in and he made himself a plate. I got Colton out of his walker and put him in his high chair.

"Ki which food do you want me to give Colton since you're trying to make it up to him for making him get his shots." "He likes the apple peach squash one."

I nodded and got that out of the cabinet. I went over to Colton and started feeding him. Once he finished his baby food, I cleaned him up and took him upstairs to put him down for a nap.

I gave him his bottle and went downstairs with the baby monitor. I went in the kitchen and Ki pulled me down in his lap. He kissed my cheek and said, "You know I'm not upset with you, right baby?"