Chapter 8

Laura's Pov

I grabbed my phone and dialed my mom's number.

M- Hi sweetie!

L- Hey mama!

M- Whatcha callin for?

L- Well. Me and Ki are talking about wedding plans. And I was wondering if we could use the beach house.

M- Sure sweet pea. When did you wanna do it?

L- We were thinking September 16.

M- Alright sweetie. I will have it blocked off for that week.

L- Thanks mama.

M- Anything for you sweet girl. I love you.

L- Love you too mama.

Then I hung up. Ki said, "Well. We have a venue and a date. That is major success."

"Yeah. And I have an idea of what I want for the wedding. Like colors and all of that." "Let me guess. You want teal and silver."

I nodded. He said, "And you want your bridesmaids to wear boots. And you're gonna wear boots."

I nodded. He said, "And you don't care if I wear boots or tennis shoes or whatever."

"Well, I would prefer boots." "I'm sure you would baby."

"You look so cute in your boots baby." "I'll wear my boots just for you babe."

"Well aren't you sweet." "You're just gonna have to suffer with me to get the boys to get boots."

"Do I have to?" "Yes. Yes you do."

"But they're so difficult." "Not my fault."

"Fine. I guess we'll all go together. Plus. I want new boots for the wedding." "I'll buy them for you baby."

"You don't have to." "I know I don't have to, but I want to."

I kissed him and said, "You're the sweetest." Jc came into the room and said, "Are you two ever going to get out of bed?"

"Um. No." "Um. Why not?"

"Um. Cause I don't want to." "You can't just stay in bed all day."

"Says who?" "Says me."

"Since when do I listen to you." "You're so annoying."

"But you love me." "Sometimes."

"All of the time." "Let's go with that."

Ki said, "Jc. You're making her feisty. I had her in a good mood. Why you gotta ruin everything." Jc rolled his eyes and walked out of the room.

I said, "Baby. Do you wanna get all dressed nice, well our version of nice and go to brunch and then go adventure into Target for the stuff I need for the bridesmaid stuff?" "Whatever you wanna do baby."

"Yay! And the best part about it, I'm paying for all of it and you can't stop me." "Fine. I'll let you do it just this once."

"No. I'll do it whenever I want to." "No. It's my job to spoil you and I love doing it."

"Too bad I'm spoiling you today." "Fine."

I got out of bed and went in the bathroom. I took a quick shower and went back in the room. I put on a black bandeau and light wash shorts. I went over to Ki and sat next to him.

"How's your knee feeling baby?" "It feels fine." He put his hand on my stomach and said, "I've been thinking."

"About?" "Making our little family three instead of two."

"Are you saying you're ready to have a baby?" "As long as you are."

"I'm ready. But I also think maybe we should wait until we're officially married. I mean, what's six more months?" "That's fine baby. I respect that."

I got off the bed and put on a burgundy cardigan. I said, "Baby. You need to get ready." "I'm going." He walked into the bathroom and I heard the water turn on.

I went over to my vanity and did my eyebrows and mascara. I put my glasses on and threw my hair up in a ponytail. Ki came out of the bathroom and said, "Hey baby girl."

"Go get dressed baby." "That's no fun."

"Baby. Please." "Fine."

He went into the closet and got dressed. He came back out and said, "Okay baby. Now we can go."

I slid on my white converse and said, "Alright. Let's go." We went downstairs and I grabbed my purse. We went out to the car and got in.

We drove to Catch LA, which is our favorite brunch spot. We went in and got a table. We sat there talking and soon the waitress came and took our order. Ki said, "So baby. This is gonna be a big step for us. We have six months to make everything perfect for us."

"I know. But we can do it. It's not like it's gonna be a huge affair. We're just doing a small wedding with family and close friends." "I just want it to be perfect for you."

"I know baby. And it will be. It's gonna be the happiest day of our lives. I mean. Obviously not including the day we bring our children into the world." "I love you."

"I love you more." Soon the waitress brought us our food. After we finished eating we paid and drove to target. We got a cart and went through the store getting stuff for the bridesmaids. After we got everything we went to the grocery store.