Chapter 28

Laura's Pov

Well it's been a little over a month since Ki started filming and things are going great. He's on-set most of the day, but he gets the weekends off which is really nice.

His co-star is Alexa Pena-Vega and she is just the sweetest. Carlos brings the boys to set a lot so the kids always play together while we wait for Ki and Alexa to have their breaks. Ocean and Kingston get along really well with Colton.

Colton is eight months old now and he is really working on standing. He can stand for a decent amount of time, so we have a feeling that he'll be walking by around ten months.

Today is one of the days where we're on-set with Ki. Carlos is here with the boys and we are just having a little playdate.

The crew has a room set up for me and Carlos to chill with the kids while we wait for Ki and Alexa to have a break from filming. Carlos and I were just talking while the kids were playing and I started to feel nauseous.

"Carlos. I'll be right back."

I ran into the bathroom and immediately started throwing up. I heard a knock at the door and Carlos peeked his head in. "Laura. Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I think I'm okay." "Are you sure? I can go get Kian."

"No. That's not necessary. I'm fine. Maybe I just ate something that didn't agree with me." "Okay. I hate to ask this. But as a father, it's kind of my first instinct. Do you think it's possible that this might be morning sickness?"

"I mean. It's possible. But I doubt it." "Okay. Well. Let's just go back in there with the kids and maybe you could take a test after they're done filming for the day."

I nodded and he went back in the room. I rinsed my mouth out and went back in there too. I sat next to Carlos and he said, "Don't stress about it until you know whether or not you actually are."

"I know. I'm not stressing." Ki came in and said, "Stressing about what babe?"

"Nothing. Just parenting stuff. Carlos was telling me about the different milestones Ocean and Kingston have gone through." "Oh okay. Well we're done for the day. You guys wanna all go out to dinner?"

We all agreed and decided to go to Veggie Grill. We got in our separate cars and made our way to the restaurant.

We ordered and before we knew it, our food was ready. We just hung out and talked while we ate.

Once we finished eating, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I started driving home and then I remembered I needed to buy a test.

"Ki. Do you mind if I stop at the drugstore real quick?" "Sure babe. Everything alright?"

"Yeah. I just need to pick something up." "Alright."

We drove to the drugstore and Ki started to get Colton out of the car. "Babe. You don't have to come in. I'll be quick." He grabbed my hand and said, "Laura. What's going on?"

"Well. Um. I may or may not have thrown up earlier today. And Carlos brought up the possibility of me being pregnant. So I just wanted to get a test to know if I really was. I didn't wanna tell you until I knew because I didn't want to get your hopes up." "Baby. If you thought you were pregnant. You could've just said something."

"I know. But you've got a lot on your plate right now." He kissed me and said, "Let's just go get a test and see if we're going to be giving Colton a sibling."

He got Colton out of the car and we went inside. We grabbed a few pregnancy tests and checked out. We went back out to the car and drove home.

Once we got inside, Ki took Colton to his room to put him to bed and I went into Ki and I's room. I sat on the bed to wait for Ki and my phone started ringing. I looked and saw it was Connor.

L- Hey Con.

C- Hey sunshine. How are things? I feel like it's been forever since we talked.

L- Things are good. Ki's filming a new movie with Alexa Pena-Vega so I've been spending a lot of time on-set with him. I've gotten to know the Pena-Vega's pretty well. They're so nice. How are things with you?

C- Things are good. I've just been missing my best friend.

L- I've missed you too Con. How about I come over with Colton some time this week and you can spend some time with your nephew?

C- I think that sounds like a wonderful idea.

L- Okay. Well I will text you and we can figure out the best day for us.

C- Sounds good. I can't wait to see you and Colton.

L- We can't wait to see you either. Depending on the day of the week, Ki might come too. But he really only has weekends off.

C- Sounds good.

L- Alright Con. I gotta go.

C- Alright. See you soon.

L- Bye Con.

I hung up the phone and Ki came in the room. He sat on the bed next to me and said, "You ready to take the tests baby?"

"I don't know." He wrapped his arms around me and said, "I know this is scary. But we could have another baby on the way. It's better for you to know sooner rather than later."

"You're right. But it doesn't mean I'm not still scared." "I know, baby doll. But you'll feel better once you know."

"Okay. I'm gonna go take them."

I grabbed the bag and went in the bathroom. I took all five tests and laid them on the counter. I washed my hands and set a timer. Ki came in and said, "How long?"

I sat on the tub and said, "Three minutes." He sat next to me and said, "Hey. Don't stress. Everything is going to be okay. Baby or no baby, we still love each other and we love Colton and things are going to be great."

I laid my head on his chest and said, "I don't know why this is stressing me out so much." "It's totally normal to be a little stressed about the results of a pregnancy test."

"I just don't know if I'm ready for another baby." "If there's another baby in there, we'll get through this together. I know having two kids seems daunting, but we can always talk to Carlos and Alexa about parenting multiples. We've got help, baby doll."

I nodded and soon the timer went off. Ki said, "You ready to see if we're gonna be a family of four?"

"As ready as I'm gonna be."

We went over to the counter and Ki flipped over all of the tests. He grabbed my hand and said, "Okay babe. Take a look."

I looked at the tests and all five were positive. 

I felt a tear fall down my cheek and Ki said, "Oh no

I felt a tear fall down my cheek and Ki said, "Oh no. Why are you crying? Is this good or bad?"

"It's good crying. We're gonna have another baby Ki." He kissed me and said, "Looks like we're gonna have two under two."

"We're gonna have two under two."