"At the lake, where I know everything about it."

"Lexi, just get in." I sigh.

"No." Lexi crosses her arms in front of her chest, her eyes daring me to do something. She suddenly bolts away and I chase after her.

"You're going in!" I shouts

"Never!" she scream joyfully.

"Yes you are!" She's moving farther away now. How the hell can she be so fast? I was an Alpha, very few wolves can outrun me. Scratch that, I think only my dad could outrun me when he was younger. 

I see her glance back and laugh at me. I also smile, I was seriously slow compared to her, but I didn't care because she was smiling.

I lose sight of her and stop in my tracks. I freak out for a second but my wolf picks up her scent. I follow it, making me go through a winded path through trees, shrubs and hills. The scent gets even stronger once I reach a tree. Lexi is on the other side, I'm positive. 

Confirming my thoughts, Lexi cautiously steps away from the tree, facing away from me. I silently step right behind her, inhale a breath and shout.

"GOTCHA!" I wrap around her waist and the other gently around her neck. 

I don't think I'll ever do that again. 

She pushes me away from her after she stopped screaming and realized it was me. 

"Don't ever scare me like that!" Her voice cracks.

I immediately push the smile off my face and replace it with a frown. How did I scare her that much?

Her eyes are terrified.

"I'm sorry." I whisper pulling her into a hug. She automatically wraps her arms around my torso. 

"No, I'm sorry for yelling. Just...please don't scare me like that ever again." She speaks after several minutes of silence hugging. 

"Of course. I really am sorry." I apologize again. 

"You don't have to keep apologizing." Her beautiful smile returns.

"Okay then. I can get back to this!" Without warning, I pick me her up, throw her over my shoulder and walk back towards the waterfall.

"No! My hair will get wet!" She giggles, trying to scream it out. 

"Wet hair is the new style!" 

"What if I drown!" She's flat out laughing. 

"I know CPR."

"There is no way in hell your lips are ever touchin-" She's thrown into the air, falling for a second before her body hits the water.

Lexi

I resurface in the cold water and see Nickolas next to me. Immediately I raise my hand to slap him for throwing me in. He grabs it instead. 

"Hello gorgeous." He kisses my hand. I roll my eyes and try to swim farther. Nickolas stays right by my side. I splash water in his face, and he splashes me. I give a really hard slap to the water causing Nickolas to sink to prevent water in his eyes.

I start to swim away, but feel something brush against my legs. I squeal as Nickolas pulls my leg to the surface, dunking my upper body into the water.

I come back up sputtering and spitting out water; Nickolas is laughing his ass off. I swim over to him, while he's still laughing, and dunk his head into the water, holding it down for several seconds. He resurfaces and glares at me, before chasing after me with splashes.

We repeat this idiotic game for hours, until I managed to flip Nickolas in the water. I drag myself onto the dry boulders and laugh uncontrollably. My ribs are literally in pain from so much laughing and I can't seem to stop.

Calming down, I yawn on the warm rocks. But that stupid sun is hurting my eyes.

"Nickolas, have any sunglasses?" I yell.
"Nope." I groan and cover my eyes with my hands. I feel the sun off my face and open my eyes; Nickolas is leaning over me blocking the sun for me. I smile and thank him.

"Did you have fun today?" He asks me, kneeling down without unblocking the sun.
"Yes, more than I've had all month." I say honestly.

"Can I have a hug as a thank you?" I nod and curl my arms around his neck as he wraps his around my waist. He gently pecks my cheek and I pull away blushing.

He stops me by placing a hand gently around my neck. Letting my eyes observe his face, I can see the little details; he's only inches away from me. His dark brown eyes are now a hazel color from the sun. My wolf starts stirring inside me. My eyes drop to his lips. 

They're perfectly shaped and full. Kiss him! I bite my lip and look back at his eyes, which are gazing at my lips. Kiss him! His face is only inches from me; his lips are so close. Kiss him! He looks me in the eyes. I feel him leaning closer to me. Kiss him! If I just leaned up a tiny bit, I could-. Kiss him! And I do. I do kiss Nickolas.