It made me feel instantly better hearing that his priority is my safety. But I can't believe that his love will ever be genuine. But it can be something. I move closer to him and hug his neck while he wraps his arms around my back.

"Let's just be friends." He says. I nod and he kisses my hair. "I know this probably isn't the best time, but we've got dinner with our parents tonight."
Great. I get to meet his parents who will wonder why I'm so immature and demand I start my Alfa duties. 

"What time?" I ask.
"In about 30 minutes, so get dressed."
"I am dressed." I look down at my shorts and hoodie.
"Er- maybe something more formal. Go pick out something I bought for you." I walk into the closet and change the hoodie into a shirt, but Nickolas walks in and pulls out this outfit.

"Let's both just make good impressions." He sighs. I groan and change in the closet.  I step out wearing the clothes he recently picked out. Nickolas steps out of the bathroom dressed in a white button up shirt that hugs his body and black jeans.

"C'mon, my parents are eager to meet you." He takes my hand and leads me though the house to an elegant dining room where our parents are already seated. I sit beside Nickolas and my mother. 

"Hi mom, hi dad." I chirp. "It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Devrend." I hate Nickolas, but I was raised to be polite to my elders...except Nickolas.
"Call us Harry and Christina." Nickolas's mother said. I smile in response.
"Good to see you again Adam and Marisa." Nickolas says casually.

"So, this is our newest Alfa." Harry said. I nodded slightly. "Why haven't you marked her yet Nickolas? It's been a week, I expected you to mate with her already." I had to fight the urge to get up and smack him.

"Dad, Lexi is pretty young, barely 15." Nickolas explained.
"Well if she's young wouldn't that mean the pups could be healthier?"
"Technically the best age for a woman to reproduce is between 21 and 23." My mother spoke up. That still seemed too soon for me.

"Well I that doesn't explain why you haven't marked her son."
"I don't want Nickolas to mark me. I don't know him." I grit my teeth.
"Lexi, I get you're young and surprised by all this, but the pack should be everyone's priority, and you should let him mark and mate with you to strengthen the pack.

"Dad, I'll do it later." Nickolas growled. Like hell he will.

"Who's hungry!?" Christina spoke up, Servants came in with plates and trays loaded with food. We all started eating in silence until I had cleared my plate. Then the questions came back.

"How many pups have you two decided on?" None.
"When will the mating process take place?" Never
"Where do you plan on marking her." I'd prefer a tattoo by my ribs.

"I sure hope the first born is a male." Without speaking, I stood up, slammed my chair back to the floor and walked out of the dining room. I sped up the stairs and locked myself in a guest room.

Nickolas followed me and kicked the door open.

"When someone locks a door, it usually means they want to be alone." I snapped, yelling into my pillow.
"When someone knocks that door down, it means they need to be with you." I scoffed.
"I'm sorry about the way my father was behaving; he's used to things going his way. But he's not the Alpha anymore. I am, and I'm letting you take your time." He hugged my laying body.

I slid out of his arms and sat up properly. 

"Can we please go to our room?" I didn't want to. But I stood up and walked there, ignoring the guard that was still watching over our door. Does Nickolas just have a line of guys to guard the door?