17

Elliot

We walked down the busy streets of Hawaii, hand in hand. A smile never leaving my face. This was the peak of my existence. Alex wasn't the first person I had ever kissed but the kiss we shared was the best thing I had ever felt. I had the sudden urge to pee, the coconut milk finally hitting my bladder. I pulled Alex to a stop and he looked at me with furrowed brows.

I pointed towards a bathroom. "I have to piss, I'll be back." He nodded and released my hand, pulling out his phone. 

I did my business and was wash my hands when a woman walked in. I didn't pay much attention to her as I went to dry my hands. Something about her felt off. I shook it off thinking I was just paranoid.

The second my back turned I felt a prick in my neck. My eyes widened and I turned around to be face to face with the woman. My body felt heavy and my vision spotted. Fuck. My vision faded to black as I lost consciousness and fell to the ground, hitting my head on the counter in the process.

Alex

What the hell is taking so long? I had been waiting for only about five minutes but ever second away from her was like pure torture. Sliding my phone into my pocket I was about to make my way towards her when a man came up to me looking insane.

"Sir?!" The man yelled out. I ignored him but he grabbed my arm in his vice grip. "Please you gotta help me. T-they are after me?!" The man frantically said, pointing behind him. I looked behind him to see no one. "I think you are crazy, old man" I ripped my arm from his grip and a car drove past me, a woman sitting in the front seat with sun glasses on.

I continued to the bathroom and opened the door not caring if anyone was inside. "Elliot?" No response. I walked further into the bathroom. "Elliot? Come one this isn't funny." I opened all of the stalls and no one was inside the restroom. My heart was pounding out of my chest and the familiar burn of anxiety coursed through me. My body felt hot and my clothing was itchy on my skin. I walked to the counter and turned the water on cold and splashed my blazing skin.

From the corner of my eye I saw a drop of the thick red substance named blood. More panic flooded through me. My ears were ringing and it felt like the walls were closing in on me. I couldn't seem to fill  my lungs as I gasped for air. The ringing of my phone did little to calm my nerves. Without looking at the caller ID, I tried my best to make my voice sound stronger. "Hello?" My voice was shaky and laced with worry.

"Alex, my boy." It was Luca. I released a breath. "Luca, something happened." I cut him off before he could speak. "I know, that's why I'm calling."

"Please tell me you are looking for her?" I begged. I was never one to beg or plead but for her, I would do it. "Actually- do you remember our friend Mr. David Cross?" David? What does he have to do with this? "The guy I took from?"

"That's the one," he chuckled. Just that one sound made me grip my phone tighter. "Remember what we spoke about?" No no, please not this. I swallowed the bile rising up my throat. "Y-yes."

"Good. The plan is in motion my boy. And there is nothing you can do to stop it." I felt like my heart got ripped from my chest. The plan wasn't supposed to happen. "What does David have to do with this?" We never talked about what David had to do with the plan. He was never mentioned. "It seems that Mr. Cross is a good friend of Lilith. And a mighty fine racer. Enough of the chit chat, Amelia and Kaden are telling some very terrible things Frost. Care to explain?" Fucking snitches. I composed myself trying not to lash out.

"There is nothing to explain. I'm doing what you asked."

"I don't remember asking you to fall in love with the girl." I felt disgusted with myself. I hated myself and in that moment I wanted nothing more than everything to end. I wish I never took that fucking car. "I don't love her." I lied "I'm getting her to trust me." My whole body was shaking, in rage.

"Remember Frost. You do not want to get on my bad side." I heard his icy voice say, then I heard a scream of agony and a plead for him to stop. I heard heard the broken voice sob. "Good by Alex and don't forget what we spoke about."

The phone call ended with a click and my body dropped to the ground. I sob racked from my throat. Everything was going so wrong. I felt the bile rise in my throat. Unable to hold it in, I scrambled to a toilet and emptied the contents of my stomach. It burned like acid.

Another sob ripped through me. I am weak. I can't save either of them. I hate myself for doing this to them both.

We aren't gonna make it out alive.

Elliot

Pain ripped through my skull. My joints still and unmoving. Opening my eyes to be met with a dimly lit room. A figure standing a few feet ahead of me in the darkness. I squinted my eyes to see if I could see their face but I couldn't.

I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned. "Why am I here?" My throat was hoarse and dry making me cough. "A prodigy." A smooth silky voice said. It was dangerous but alluring. "Skilled in fighting, weaponry, manipulation, and seduction. A genius." They stepped into the little bit of light so that I could see their face. It was a brown haired girl with brown eyes and a tall stature. Hey hair wasn't quite as dark as mine but it wasn't close to blonde. She looked to be about 24. She watched me in interest her eyes held familiarity. "You know, a lot of people are after you Elliot." She knows my name so this was planned.

"Of course they want me. I'm great." She smirked at me. "A silver tongue too." She quipped. She wasn't the same woman that took me but I didn't doubt she didn't work with or for her. "So why am I here? Wanna take the head of the dragon?" My lips quirk into a smirk.

"Not yet." My arms and hands were bound to the chair making me unable to move. My arms were in cuffs behind my back but weren't right. I grabbed my thumb and pulled it out of socket. Holding in a grimace I wiggled my hand out making sure the cuffs didn't make a noise. "You are special in this world Elliot, the most sought after woman in the world. You could be the queen of the underground." My hand released and I popped the joint back into place.

"I could be. But I don't want to be." It was true. I didn't want the responsibility nor did I care for it. "And that's what makes you stand out." I shrugged uncaring. "Lilith is coming for you. She knows where you are and what you do." Lilith. My mother. The woman I loth. The woman who I was searching for. "Tell her, I'm ready for a fight or a talk. Either work." I pulled my hand up and rested them on my lap. Looking dead at the woman.

"Impressive. I'll relay the message. Also, before you go, everything is not what it seems. Your closest allies are your enemies." I nodded in understanding "I know." She looked at me confused. "What do you mean?"

"Their stories don't add up. Lia killed someone and didn't bat an eye. They take mysterious phone calls and nothing they say is ever true. Alex is genuine but he's hiding something. I want to find out what's happening." She nodded as I untied my legs. "Tell mom she needs to do better." The women's eyes widened. "How did you know?"

"I didn't. You just told me."

————————————
This chapter is for Rosalie_zelaya  I love you ❤️ and thank you for all the support