20

Elliot

"Lilith" as soon as the word left my mouth everyone looked between us. Her lip quirked up in a smirk.

"Mother." The blonde girl in front of me whined. "Kick her out! She ruined my night." The blonde stomped and pointed at me.

"Wow Lilith, you really get around?" She glared at me. "Do not speak to me like that child."

"Or what? It's not like you are mother of the year." Everyone around us gasped. "How many siblings do I have Lilith?" She glared at me and didn't answer.

"Ugh! This thing is not my sister!"

"Be quiet Kassidy." Lilith said to the blonde girl. She huffed and stomped away. Alex came closer to me and wrapped his hand around my waist.

"Oh look, it's the boy who lies to his true love about the reason he's really here." Lilith smirked as she stared at Alex. He glared at her and clenched his jaw. A crowd had formed around us. "Should I tell her or are you going to?"

"This doesn't concern you Lilith." His grip on me tightened. "Oh but I think it does. The only reason you are here is because you need her." My brows furrowed and I looked up at Alex. He looked at me sadly.

"You are using her Alex. Come on tell her why you stay by her side no matter what."

"I- I'm sorry." He swallowed and looked to the ground. "What did you do?" I asked quietly dear lacing my voice.

"I didn't have a choice. I- I had to save her Elliot. You have to believe me, I would never do this to you-" I cut him off. "No, shut up! What did you do!?" My voice raising a few octaves.

"Come on Alex tell her." I pulled a pistol from my thigh and aimed it at Lilith. "Be quiet."

"Luca is torturing my mother and the only way I can make him stop is if I get the information from you that I need." My hands started to shake.

"S-so this is all fake? None of this is real?"

"No Elliot, it's real! I love you believe me I do!" He tried to grab my hand but I snatched them away from him. "Don't touch me!"

"I'm sorry." He was in the verge of crying. I composed myself slightly and with a shaky voice asked. "What information did you have to get?"

"Oh I can answer that one." Lilith spoke. "You are the key to everything. You have followers and people who would do almost anything for you at the drop of a hat."

"So what, you want to control me?"

"Either you come willingly or you die." She said.

"I will never come with you."

No POV

Two shots rang through the building. The first coming from Elliots gun and the other from a building in the distance. Everything slowed down. Lilith doubled over in pain getting shot in the stomach.

Elliot being in shock didn't notice the red liquid seeping through her clothes or the panicked look on Alex face. Liquid fire burned through her veins poisonings her blood.

The ringing in her ears faded as the sounds of Alex screaming at her reaches her ears. As if coming out of a trance she finally realized to pain shooting through her abdomen. She clutched her lower abdomen, blood spluttering from her mouth. The pain was too much. Her veins were burning and she felt like she was dying.

She was dying but she didn't know that yet.

———————————
Short filler that is important for the rest of the book. It's getting close to the end and I do have to say it's been... it's been something.

I don't want to leave this book unfinished but I also hate this book with a passion. I don't think it shows my skills as a writer and the book is being rushed.