9

Listen when I put a ~

August 26, 2020

Elliot hasn't said a word since we left South Carolina. The only times she speaks is if she has to and even then it's like pulling teeth.

We finished our Georgia mission with flying colors. It was a simple assassination of a dirty congressman. Elliot sniped him from our hotel window. She locked herself in her room the entire 3 days. I don't think she even ate.

She wouldn't speak to anyone not even Lia. Whatever that was in South Carolina brought back memories and pain for her.

One thing that hasn't settled in my mind was the mark of the dragon. No one knew what it was I was tempted to call Luca and ask him but something in me told me to wait.

We were currently driving to Dayton Beach, Florida. The air was thick with the salty water as we approached our destination. No doubt we could all feel the shift in the environment.

Elliot is a puzzle, and I want to put it together no matter how long it takes. Something about her set a fire inside me that only she knows how to control.

*
The house we were staying in was a basic beach house 4 rooms 2 bathrooms a small kitchen and a small living space.

We all wordlessly went to our designated rooms equipped with the things we needed. Entering the room I was met with basic walls decorated with sea shells and various marine life and painted to mimic the ocean. The bed spread was plain white. The mini closet had clothes and bullet proof vests. There was a small section explicitly for guns, knives, ammunition, and other various items.

Since South Carolina, Luca made us have separate rooms because we had separate tasks. Personally I think he doesn't want us to get too attached to one another.

I walked to the dresser which held the paper containing my role on this mission. I skimmed over it getting the main information.

Mission: Steal the blood eye ruby.

Location: Truck going to Daytona annual jewelry show.

Details: Infiltrate the armored vehicles and retrieve the ruby with minimal police involvement. Truck will transport the ruby at exactly 12:00 pm on August 27th

Role: Swat member.

I was interested to know what Elliot had to do but I knew not to push her right now. I know she's not fragile but I want to treat her like the most brittle glass in the world.

She deserves to know what real love feels like and I want to show it to her.

A knock of the door pulled me from my thoughts. I opened the door to be met with Kaden I opened the door wider to the him in and closed it behind him.

"Yes?"

"It's time." No. I thought we, I, had more time. I pulled out my phone and Lucas number. He answered on the 3 ring.

"It's time."

Elliot

I read the mission instructions. It was simple task, steal a ruby. My role was to get inside the vehicle and take the Gem before we reached the location. Easy enough.

Now I know what you are wondering, what happened in South Carolina? Well, If I tell you then I have to kill you and neither of us want that.

I haven't really spoken since we left, but I have nothing to say. I just want this mission to be over with. Kaden and Lia are being suspicious lately. They take random calls at random hours of the night. They don't know I hear them but I do.