22

"Come on, wake up. I'm getting discharged." Elliot spoke as she wiggled Alex's shoulder. She had been here for longer than she would have liked. She could feel the energy leaving her with every breath she took- At least that's what her brain made her believe.

Alex finally opened his eyes. He grumbled and yawned, stretching his back making it crack with a satisfying pop. "W-what?" He yawned. "Come on, we are gonna be late." She ushered. Alex looked at her puzzled and his eye brows raised.

It finally clicked that they were leaving and he nodded. He stood up and grabbed the black duffel bag beside the painful hospital chair.

After signing the paperwork and getting the meds that the doctor said will prolong her measly life, the left straight to the airport.

1st class trip to New York. Elliot had spoken with Lia for the first time in what seemed like forever. Elliot asked Lia to meet them in New York, she wanted to get her dogs back. She needed them.

Elliot wanted to live the last bit of her life like she wasn't part of the mafia. She wanted to live in an over priced New York apartment with loud cars and her dogs and the guy she loved.

She wanted to feel normal even if it was only for a month.

*

The plane ride to New York took a larger toll on her than she would like to admit. She was tired and shaky. Luckily Alex didn't notice as he took her hand in his.

They hailed a cab and took it all the way to their new home where Lia awaited.

The city was bussing with people, everywhere you looked someone was on the phone or walking with speed to wherever they had to be. Homeless people on the corners of stores begging for anything, even if it was a half eaten cold burger.

The streets were packed with cars going to unknown locations. All of them having a story of their own. Elliot wondered of the many people she saw, if any of them were dying like her. Come on, at least one of them had to share the same fate as her.

But you can't determine that from the backseat of a dirty taxi with a sketchy looking driver.

They finally pulled up to the fancy apartment Elliot bought for them. The outside was mahogany and gold with a door man standing underneath a little awning. He wore a navy suit and black shoes.

The man smiled and opened the door for them. Elliot smiled back and walked to the front desk. The lady greeted them with a smile. Her black glasses perched upon her nose and her dirty blonde hair pulled back into a tight bun.

The woman had a single freckle in the corner of her eye. Most people wouldn't notice it but Elliot did. Elliot noticed things she normally didn't. She noticed things people wore and the way people smiled, even the way their eyes shone with the thoughts they had.

"Elliot Stevens, I'm uh.. new owner." The woman smiled and typed on her keyboard before handing Elliot a key. "Just take that elevator or there-" she pointed to the elevator to the right of her with gold doors. "You'll see a key whole, just stick the key in and it will take you to your new home." The woman said enthusiastically as she gave them the instructions.

They walked into the elevator and did as the front desk lady said. They were taken up to the very top floor where the suit rested.

Elliot had the apartment fully furnished with everything they needed. The doors opened and they walked through. The pitter patter of 8 paws sounded through the house. Skip rounded the corner is a full sprint with Rebel not far behind him.

They skidded to a stop instantly yipping and barking happily as their parents were finally back. Attached to Rebels collar was a rolled up piece of paper with Elliot grabbed between scratches.

Had them delivered up, didn't want to start any fights - L

Elliot silently thanked her for not being here when she arrived. She just wanted to sleep in a bed she could call her own with her dogs and the man she loved. She wanted to be home, and they were her home.

———————————————
A filler chapter but also places them in an important place. Sorry for barely updating, if I fail or miss any assignments I get my phone taken away so I've been trying to stay on top of it but it's hard. Love you lot 💜