10

Play when you see ~ (many POV changes)

"Alex! I'm gonna fall!" They screamed out through the broken vehicle hanging on by a thread.

"Just hang on I'm gonna reach for you!" Alex was trying to balance himself in the vehicle without making it slide further off the cliff.

They were loosing their grip on the thin metal covered in glass. More panic set in making their palms sweat, their grip loosing even more every second.

There wasn't much that could be done, the vehicle was balancing on the edge of a cliff and any shift in weight could make it plummet killing them both.

"Alex I don't think I can hold on anymore!" One hand fell off of the bar, the jagged edge covered in glass cutting their hand even more.

Just as Alex reached them, the vehicle slipped further down making their other hands slip from the bar.

1 hour before

Alex

"We all know what we are supposed to do right?" I questioned everyone through my ear piece. I was currently standing security at the doors of the museum where the blood ruby was held awaiting for the vehicle to arrive.

A collection of 'Yes' rang through my ear piece. "Good, we don't know what vehicle they are driving so I will tell you when it arrives."

"God I really hope it's just an armored SUV." Elliot grumpily said, she was suffering the effects of her alcohol intake last night. Things between use weren't awkward but calm. She was speaking more and being as friendly as Elliot could be. "I mean who's stupid fucking idea was it to do this mission so fucking early!" I coughed to cover up a laugh.

"Alex I will cut your throat."

"What," I said dragging the word out "I didn't say a word." She groaned in response. "Besides, it's not that early. Never heard the term the early bird gets the worm?"

"I'm not a fucking bird so I don't care about worms. Shove the worms up your ass for all I care."

"Hey love birds, can we focus on the task at hand here?" It was Kaden cutting in. I heard Elliot grumble out indecencies making me chuckle.

"Guys, I thought it was gonna be a car..." Amelia's quiet voice said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Then I saw it, a very large bus was pulling up to the loading dock.

"Holy shit" I was in awe of the size of it. It looked like a tour bus, but with bulletproof glass and armed soldiers told to shoot first and ask questions later.

"It's here. Is everyone ready?"

"Yeah." Lia said nervously. Followed by Kaden saying 'yup' and popping the P.

"Elliot you ready?" She was the only one who didn't respond.

"I hate all of you. But yes I'm ready."

"Feeling is mutual." I grinned. The bus backed up to the dock and the massive door opened.

I walked up to one of the guards recognizing him. We, well Elliot, hacked into their system to find all of their names.

"Angelo," he turned around to face me "boss said he ways you somewhere else." He nodded and walked off towards wherever. For highly trained soldiers they are extremely stupid. I walked to the back where the bay doors were opening revealing people in sleek suits and blacked out sunglasses standing near a few men.