Chapter 14

I sit in class with my head in the palm of my hand as I listen to the professor go on and on.

This week had started out so great, then things started to take a turn as we reached Thursday.

On Monday I had to avoid Jae in the library, on Tuesday he was waiting for me in most of my classes, and on Wednesday he showed up to my dorm. Luckly, we had the lights off because Soon and I were watching a drama, but still!

I've gotten tired of this whole game of dodging Jae all day long. I'm running out of options on what to do and where to go if he's after me.

Why is all of this happening all of a sudden? I've broken up with Jae, met a new guy, and now I'm going to hang out with him and his friends this weekend? Since when have I hung out with anyone besides Soon?

And why were Yeonjun and the guys smirking at each other yesterday? They have to be plotting something, but is it in favor of me or themselves? I'm so confused, this is what happens when you meet new people.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when people around me start to get up and leave.

I follow suit and pack up my things.

When I walk out of the lecture hall, I morph right into the crowd of people in the hall. I've found this was a good way to hide from Jae, he's never been the most observant person.

I continue walking with the herd of students, keeping my head down for extra precaution. When I'm about halfway to my class, I get held back by someone pulling my jacket.

Oh god, please don't let it be him.

I slowly turn around to see none other than the person I've been avoiding for a week gripping my jacket.

His face looks relaxed but is being betrayed by his eyes which are swirling with anger and frustration. He pulls me closer to him by the hood of my jacket, so I'm up against his chest and having to look up at him.

"Hey, Jihyun. Long time no see." He says too calmly.

I can't reply, I'm so scared to.

"It's been a minute since we last talked. How about we go sit down and catch up?" He asks.

I frantically shake my head no and try to pull my hood from his grasp with no success, curse his strong arms.

He grabs my wrist and pulls it away from my hood with his free hand. Ok, now time to panic.

He starts to walk the opposite direction I was originally heading, when some guys who weren't paying attention turned the corner and ran straight into Jae.

The first guy takes the impact and causes all of us to fall over. I land on my side a little ways from Jae due to the momentum of my heavy backpack. I check to see if I'm ok and turn to see Jae squished under two huge guys.

I gather myself and take off quickly. Looking behind me, I see Jae wiggle himself out from under the guys and start taking long strides to me.

Out of panic, I sprint faster down the hallway. Between looking ahead of myself and watching Jae, I couldn't see where I was going. After about a minute or two, I crash into something tall.

I shake out of my daze to see Yeonjun and Taehyun looking down at me.

"Hey, Jihyun. You need to watch where you're running to." Yeonjun says.

I look behind me to see Jae trying to fight the crowd to get to me. Thinking quick, I come up with an idea.

"Ok so look, I don't want to go into detail, but just talk to me and pretend you know me." I say quickly.

They look at each other confused. "Ok..... but why? Is something wrong?" Taehyun asks.

"Umm.... Behind me there should be a guy with light brown hair and in a deep red leather jacket trying to come to me. Just do me this favor so he won't bother me, please." I say.

They both nod and stand slightly taller than normal.

"So are you going to join us this Saturday? We're probably going to just be at the park for a few hours." Yeonjun asks.

"Um... I don't know. I'd be happy to go, but I don't want to get in your way or anything."

"No no, it's fine. If anything it's better to have someone else watching, so we can practice performing in front of an audience." Taehyun assures me.

"Oh, well I guess I could go. As long as it's ok with everyone."

They both snicker at each other. "Yeah it's fine, we don't mind." Yeonjun says.

I nod and look slightly behind me to see if Jae is gone. To my relief, I don't see him anywhere.

I let out the breath I was holding and turn back to Yeonjun and Taehyun.

"Thanks guys. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't run into you." I say.

"You're welcome, Jihyun. That guy you were talking about got closer than I thought he would, but he backed out when he saw us." Yeonjun said.

"Ok, I need to go. I- uh.... Guess I'll see you guys on Saturday?" I say unsure.

They both nod with a smile.

As I start to walk away, Yeonjun calls out to me.

"Oh and, Jihyun. I don't know who that guy was, and you don't have to tell us who he is, but if he bothers you again we'll be right there to help you." He said.

I stared at him in disbelief for a little bit, they would help me? They barely knew me!

"I- T-thank you. I didn't expect you to say that."

"Of course. You seemed pretty shaken up by him following you so he must be trouble. Just don't be afraid to come up to one of us, ok?"

I nodded and we said our goodbyes.

That's so nice of them, I only met them three days ago and they're willing to help me with Jae? Maybe befriending them won't be so bad.

A/N

Well that was close.

While writing this, I accidentally wrote Yeonjun instead of Soobin but I just kept going and it turned out better than my original plan.

I wanted to add an announcement here.

I'M PUTTING OUT A NEW BOOK SOON!

I can't give you an exact time or date that it will be released, because at the time of writing this, I only have two chapters fully written. Just be patient and I will let you know when the time has come.

I will say it's a minsung (from straykids) story, but that's it. I don't want to give too much away, but I'm excited and I hope you are too.

Anyway, this week should be the week before Christmas break for people in school, so how about we indulge in a dessert or pastry in the next coming mornings.

Luv you guys! 💙💛💙💛💙