Chapter 40

I don't normally like to go to social events like this. When there are too many people in one place it kind of feels suffocating. And that feeling was coming in and out while at the festival.

As soon as me and Soobin crossed into the festival grounds, the feeling of too many people watching me creeped up in the back of my mind.

Being at a bigger college had helped me overcome the anxiety of being around too many people, but sometimes there were still a few exceptions.

So a festival like this isn't something I'm used to.

The festival had booths everywhere, selling all different things. Different food's scents attacked my nose as soon as we entered the grounds, followed by the sound of a small live band playing. Towards the back of the festival, a handful of rides and game booths stood for people to enjoy.

Soobin and I walk through the isles of booths holding handcrafted items and fair foods.

The crowd of people wasn't enough for me to need to step out, but enough to make it hard to stay close to one person. Several times already, I've almost lost Soobin in the sea of people. And I would probably be walking alone right now if it wasn't for his height.

After nearly losing him for the third time, I walked over to the side and flagged him down to follow.

Soobin noticed me and weaved through the people to get to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked right away.

"Nothing, just that we're kind of walking around aimlessly."

He nodded in realization. "What do you want to do?"

"I have no idea, I've never really been to something like this before." I confess.

In my home town, we never really had festivals or town parties. Sure families and friends got together, but we never really did the whole town fair thing.

"Well, when we were younger, me and the guys would come to this festival every year. Our families would meet and we would go play around on the rides or game booths." He explains and smiles at the memory.

"Why did you guys stop then?"

"School."

Oh, yeah. That exists.

I think for a minute. "Why don't we just do what you guys normally did?"

'"Really?"

"Yeah, so that way you can relive your childhood and I can experience a festival like this for the first time."

Soobin agrees and looks around to find where we should go first. After a few seconds he finds a booth.

"Follow me, I know where we should go."

I nod and start to follow him into the crowd.

Not too long after we started moving, I already lost him. Kind of.

He was in front of me and I can see him, but the people walking past were blocking me from walking ahead.

A couple of seconds after my struggle, Soobin turned around to see if I was still following, which I was not.

I watch a small panic cross over his face as he takes longer strides towards me.

He grabs my hand and pulls me through the crowd to his side.

Once I was safe at his side, he walks on with my hand still wrapped in his own.

Soobin's hands are a lot bigger than my own, making it hard for me to be able to see my hand tucked in his. Regardless, we walked on through the crowd to reach a taller booth.

The booth has three tall basketball nets surrounded by plushies and basketballs with different designs and logos.

I look over at Soobin to see him do the same but with a smirk.

"Do you want to try to beat me?"

A/N:

It's not Saturday. Surprise!

I finished the story all the way through yesterday, so now I'll be posting a chapter a day till I run out.

I won't give an exact number, but expect about 10 more chapters plus an epilogue. 

I don't have anything else to say actually, so yeah.

Love you guys! 💙💛💙💛💙