Chapter 38

We stay at the pizza place for a little longer, almost up until there is an hour or two before their closing time. Even though we stayed there for so long, it's the middle of the week so no one will really go out to eat right now anyway.

As we gather ourselves and start to walk away from the table, Kai skips forward to be right in front of me.

"So, noona, are we just not gonna talk about how you called Soobin hyung, Binnie, earlier in the pizza place?" He says with an innocent smile.

Oh god my cover is blown.

I didn't think they would notice that.

I have to say something.

"I- W-well-" Why aren't words working right now?

"Why does Soobin hyung get a cute nickname from you and we don't?" Kai pouts.

Oh, that's it. I just had a heart attack out of panic and for what?

"I-I didn't know you guys wanted nicknames too."

"Of course. You can't only call Soobin hyung something cute, I want a cute name too, noona." Kai says with more of a pout. If this kid was looking up at me rather than down at me, I would be dead by now.

By this time, we walked onto the parking lot of the restaurant and were just standing around.

"Ok then, I guess we're doing this." I stand in front of Yeonjun.

"Yeonjun, I think your's can be Junnie or Yeonjunie."

He smiles and laughs at the name, I guess he likes it then.

I move to the next one. "Beomgyu?"

He stops me before I can continue.

"You called me Gyu last week, I thought that was a nice name." He says smiling.

"Ok, you're Gyu then. Taehyun?"

"Please don't make it too embarrassing." He says quietly for me to hear.

Taking that into consideration, I got it. "How about just Tae?" I ask.

He thinks for a second. "It's simple, I like it."

I smile and move to the maknae who is jumping a little with excitement.

"Ok, how about instead of Huening Kai, I can just call you Ning Ning?"

Kai's face brightens up with a huge smile and suddenly I'm engulfed in a hug.

"I love it! Thank you, noona." He says while still holding me. Once again, my feet are not on the ground.

After a moment more of hugging, Kai puts me down and I step back a little to see Soobin slightly smiling down at me. Cute.

"Ok, we need to get going, guys. It's starting to get colder and I don't think we should be out for too long." Yeonjun says.

The boys nod their heads in agreement, except for Soobin.

"But, hyung, I kind of wanted to stay out for a bit longer and walk through the park for a bit. The weather might be cool, but it feels nice." He argues. I nod in agreement.

The weather feels nice on my skin and it's very relaxing. The cooling feeling all over me plus a walk around the park would be extra calming.

Yeonjun turns to me. "You want to stay out too, Jihyun?"

"Yeah, I think the weather is perfect for a walk right now" I answer.

Yeonjun nods and goes back to thinking of a solution.

"What if you guys go back and we can stay out? That way everyone goes where they want to." I propose.

The boys nod at the idea. After deciding the idea was final, and one last hug from Kai, they start to head back to their dorms, leaving me and Soobin to walk like we wanted to.

A/N
I don't know what to call this chapter, but to me it isn't as important as the others.

The chapters after this one will make Soobin and Jihyun closer, so wait for that. I'm really excited about it because those were some of my favorite parts to write.

I don't know if you guys stan ENHYPEN or know about what is going on, but let me put this message here (sorry it's kind of long):

June 23 is the member Sunoo'a birthday. Lately he's been self conscious and not confident about his face and weight because some comments people and even some of the members have made on his cheeks. The members have a great relationship with each other, but playful poking at each other can leave marks on some people. In a vlive Sunoo was talking about a special event in June (his birthday), but none of the members remembered when his day was, making Sunoo dial back and stop talking for the rest of the live. Because the group is still new and rookies, they might still be getting used to being around each other 24/7, and remembering important things like birthdays are part of that process.

All this led up to Sunoo's birthday this week. People all over kpop twitter were saying how they would go onto Sunoo's birthday live to support him. Even people who didn't stan ENHYPEN or didn't know who Sunoo was showed their support.

So, on the 23rd please join his birthday live and support him like so many other people are doing. As an ENGINE and the same age as Sunoo, I don't want to see him struggle with an insecurity, especially since lots of people find that insecurity the cutest part of him. Please I want to squish him!

So yeah. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

I don't usually rant about things like that so let me have a moment. And also sorry it was so long I don't know how to simplify things sometimes.

Love you guys! 💛💙💛💙