Chapter 29

Sigggghhhhhh (I didn't know how else to write that). It's such a nice day. Things have been kind of crazy and this is a perfect place to let off some steam.

I sit on a bench alongside a small stream. This place was always the place to go to when I was too stressed to function normally, and that still stands to this day.

Not too many people know about this spot. I would imagine so, as you need to walk through a few bushes to get here. The first time I found it I was walking through the park, just trying to clear my head when I saw a head of brown hair over the bushes.

Naturally, I was curious why someone was behind some bushes so I walked closer to see what they were doing.

As I got closer to them, I rested my hand on a branch that wasn't stable. Basically, the branch snapped and the person heard it and ran away.

I never saw who they were, they definitely were a boy, but I don't know what they looked like. I wish I could see them again, just to thank them for leading me to this place.

It would be easier to face whoever they were if I didn't fall on my face at our first "meeting".

Anyway, as I sit here, I look out into the river flowing a few feet ahead of me. The river is and always has been clear, except for when some kids play in it and kick up some dirt.

This spot has always been relaxing in the sense that the sounds made for a nice atmosphere. The water rushing past the rocks laying on the river bed made for soothing sounds for the ears. Anyone who listens to ASMR would know what I'm talking about.

As I sit on the bench watching the clouds scroll past, I hear a snap from my right side.

I quickly turn to see a tall figure standing there with their head down. I can't make out their face besides their brown hair.

When they lift their head, I'm face to face with the tall boy I was awkwardly cleaning water with earlier.

He stands there in shock, probably because there's another person in the spot he was headed to.

After a moment, I come to my senses and stand up from the bench.

"I'm sorry- You probably came to sit here. I've been here for a while so I can go first." I say frantically.

I turn to leave as he looks from the bench to me back and forth in a hurry, trying to figure out what to say.

Before I can climb through the bushes to the paved path, he speaks up.

"N-no! I mean, it's ok. Please sit, you were here first. You should be able to sit here." He says.

I turn back around and slowly, hesitantly make my way back to the bench. When I sit back down, I relax back onto the backing of the bench, while Soobin remains tense.

"Soobin, you can relax, you know. No one is here to catch us in a weird position again." I joke.

He looks at me then smiles while turning away. Even though he is turned away from me, I can see his ears turning red from him blushing.

To keep the tension light, I try to carry on a small conversation.

"It's relaxing here, isn't it? How did you know about this place? It's not easy to stumble upon this spot." I question.

By this time, Soobin has calmed a little and was facing me.

"Oh, I found this place when I was in middle school. Sometimes I just needed a get away so I came here often." He says.

I nod in understanding. We both look into the river, the other side on the river has a small park with a few houses built around it. The back of the houses had porches for people to sit and fish or enjoy the air.

Often times, there would be a few elderly women sitting on their porch in rocking chairs. Today was no exception. They were there, and this time some small children were playing in the space in front of them.

"So you never had any siblings, hm?"

I turn to Soobin, surprised by the question.

"No, it was just me and my parents. My life's story isn't that exciting." I reply.

He turns his whole body towards me and sits with a child-like look on his face.

"What?" I laugh.

"You say that your story isn't that exciting, but I'll be the judge of that."

"I-"

"Tell me about you, then I'll tell you about me,"

"Promise? You're normally introverted so this whole thing is bold of you." I question.

He nods. "I promise."

"Ok, well..."

A/N

I'm sorry for being mean and cutting this chapter off. This chapter was reaching the normal limit I like to hit and I thought this was a good place to stop, even though it might not seem nice to you.

I don't have much to say this week besides THANK YOU FOR OVER 200 READS! 🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳

I never thought so many people would even glance at my story, but here we are. This being my first story, I'm so happy and excited to put out new stories and short stories for you to enjoy.

I want to say, I will be releasing a oneshot book really soon. Well, it's not only oneshots, I'll explain it in the actual book. I will be accepting requests for imagines or oneshots, but I will not be writing smut. If you want to read that, go read another oneshot book because I will not write it.

Besides that, I have nothing else to say.

Love you guys! 💙💛💙💛💙