Chapter 46

Still Soobin's POV
I turn Jihyun's door knob and poke my head inside to see a small figure curled in the middle of the bed. The curtains are drawn enough to make the room dimmer and easy on the eyes. And a humidifier is set on in the corner of the room.

I step closer to the bed to see Jihyun's small frame almost completely covered by a white sheet, which doesn't look like enough warmth for her as she clutches it closer to herself.

Under her arm, I catch a glimpse of a piece of white fluff. I look over to see Tobin safely in the sleeping girl's arms. She kept it, I didn't think she would like it this much.

After a second, Jihyun sturrs and shifts to face me.

"Soon?" She says, sounding groggy.

"N-no. It's me, Soobin, Jihyun."

"Soobin?" She opens an eye to see me standing next to her bed. "Why are you here?" She asks with confusion on her face.

"You were supposed to meet us at the park today, and when you didn't show up me and the boys got worried. So we came here to see if you were ok." I explained while kneeling down next to her.

She nods slightly. "Where's Soon?"

"S-soonyoung had a family thing to go to. She told us to stay and help you though."

"She did?"

"Yes. The boys are out right now to get you some medicine and soup."

She smiles at this. "Thank you."

I smile back as she starts to shiver a little and pull the sheet closer to herself.

"It's so cold in here."

I hesitantly reach out to feel her forehead. "You're feeling cold because you're sick. You're burning up though."

She pushes her face more into my hand. "You're so warm."

She reached her hand out from the sheet and takes my hand. Though she doesn't have a lot of energy, she starts pulling my hand to her side.

"What are you doing?" I laugh a bit.

"Come sit next to me, please." Her voice still sounds really sleepy and strained, so she really must be using a lot of energy to do this.

I try to think of a way out of this, I don't want to get too close to her and make her uncomfortable. If I'm really warm like she says, then I don't think I should be so close either.

Before I have time to really think this over, I had been pulled onto the side of the bed and Jihyun was curled up on my right side.

She snuggled as close to me as possible to take as much warmth as possible, and in the process also moved an arm over me.

I don't know what to do. She doesn't seem to be very comfortable, and I'm kind of half on half off the bed right now. If I'm gonna stay in this position, I should fix this.

I pull slowly shift us over so I can move the leg that's hanging over the edge onto the bed. While doing so, Jihyun scooted closer to me and moved her head to lay on my chest.

I had my right arm hovering over her, because I don't want to make her uncomfortable. But after a bit I slowly start to lower my arm to slightly pull her closer to me.

This feels... nice.

I never thought I'd care so much about someone like I do at this moment. I've always cared for the boys in a brotherly way, but this is different. When I heard that Jihyun was sick, I wanted to do anything I could to help her get better.

And seeing her like this, curled up on my chest while lightly hugging me, that feeling has stretched into wanting her to stay safe and healthy forever.

After only a minute of sitting in this position, I hear tiny snores coming from her small figure. She really must not have a lot of energy then.

I reach over to move a piece of hair that landed onto her face.

She's so beautiful, even when she's sick or sleeping. When I saw her for the first time at the cafe, I was so fidgety after knocking her down and seeing how pretty she looked. Now we're friends and have been through more than I would have ever thought in that moment a month ago.

I look around to room to see the different decorations Jihyun has up.

There isn't too much on the walls, just some fairy lights hung on the space where the ceiling meet the walls. Around the window are some lighter blackout curtains that are serving their purpose right now. To the side of the window is a small plant that is growing over it's table.

On her bedside table, a phone charger, a pair of ear-buds, a small speaker, and a ring of keys take up the surface. In the corner, I see a small purple piece of plastic sticking out from under the keys. Moving the keys slightly, the plastic is a BTS symbol looped with the keys.

She's a BTS fan? Interesting.

The humidifier catches my attention as it beeps once and lets out more vapor from the top. It displays a soft arrangement of colors on its face to send a small light across the room.

With the combination of the vapor, dim lighting, and comfy surface, I start to doze off. This room is actually cold, but in a comforting way.

I scoot lower into the bed while slowly laying my head lightly on Jihyun's. Holding her closer to me, I close my eyes for a bit.

The boys won't be back for a bit right, I should be able to rest here like this for a little while.

A/N:
This part was so relaxing to write. I was also really excited to put in Soobin's thoughts for on Jihyun for a bit.

The next parts are still under different povs.

The next chapters are really cute too 🤧

Love you guys! 💛💙💛💙💛