Chapter 20

As we were waiting for our turn to cross the street, I realized that I had no idea who the last guy with then was.

Out of curiosity, I tugged on Soobin's sleeve to get his attention. He became alert and looked down at me.

"Um, who's that last guy? I've never seen him before." I said while gesturing to the tall guy behind me.

Soobin looked to see who I was talking about, then smiled when he realized I was referring to their maknae.

"Oh, that's the maknae of our group, the kid in high school." He told me.

I released an OoOoO, and turned to recognize the young, secondary school look he had to him.

He definitely looked younger and fresher than the other guys (because college is physically, emotionally, and mentally draining), but he also looked really adorable and I had to resist the urge to squish his little face.

God, I'm old.

After a second, he realized I was staring at him, which was my bad.

He smiled and bowed a little to me.

"Hi, noona. Sorry I didn't introduce myself before, I'm Huening Kai, but you can just call me Kai." He said brightly.

Again, I'm taken aback by his cuteness. It's overwhelming in the best way possible.

"H-hi, I'm Jihyun."

"I know." He said as a matter a factly.

"I- What? How?"

"I know who you are and everything because Soobin hyung won't stop tal- I mean, because uhhh .... Y-yeonjun hyung told me about how he helped you the other day. Yeah, haha."

Soobin is talking about me? Why?

I turn to look at Soobin and he's gesturing for Kai to ..... Chop his head off?

These kids are weird.

~*~*~*~*~*~

When we get to the park, we find a bench to sit at so the boys can set up their stuff.

While Taehyun and Beomgyu setup the camera, Soobin comes to sit to my left.

"Are you going to call your friend?" He reminds me.

"Oh, yeah."

I take out my phone and text Soon.

Soonyoung 😍💕

Where are you right now?

On the couch contemplating my existence
Why?

Can you come meet me at the park?

Why?
I thought you were with those boys

I am
But I need you to come here now

Is it an emergency?

Not really
But kind of

I'm on my way
Stay there

Oh god
Seen

I move to put my phone back in my pocket, but drop it on the grass instead.

When I reach to grab it, I use the injured shoulder which I instantly regret when a spike of pain shoots through my shoulder blade.

I wince and reach to hold my shoulder which Soobin notices.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I guess my shoulder is hurt worse than I thought."

"Do you need ice?"

"I mean it would help, but where will we get ice from?" I question. The nearest corner store is a few blocks from here.

"We brought our cooler with ice packs. When we practice, someone always gets hurt, so we bring ice in advance." He leans in closer to me to whisper. "Most of the time it's Yeonjun hyung that gets hurt."

"Hey!"

He both look over to see Yeonjun glaring at us for talking about him. We laugh, then Soobin gets me an ice pack from their little cooler.

I try to hold the pack against my shoulder blade, but I struggle to reach the right place.

Soobin notices my pathetic struggle and frantically tries to help.

"Oh, h-here let me help." He takes the pack and holds it in the right spot for me.

I awkwardly fold my hands in my lap. "Thank you. You're a really great friend, Soobin." I say with a smile.

"I- Thank you. It means a lot to me for you to say that when, well, I haven't known you for that long."

"From what I've seen, you're really caring for your friends. Especially these guys."

"Yeah. I haven't really made any other friends besides them, we've been together since childhood. I haven't even gotten to know someone like I've got to know you in forever." He confessed.

I was taken aback by this. He's so sweet and adorable, who wouldn't want to be friends with him.

But he also said he never got to know anyone like he did me before.

"So you've never had a relationship before?" I ask.

It's a genuine question, if he's never gotten to know anyone, then he's never been with anyone.

His eyes widen and he starts stuttering out his words.

"I- wh- I h- No, n-no I haven't."

Seeing him stamper so much, I need to take a step back.

"I'm sorry for being so bold about it." I apologize.

"N-no no, it's fine."

"Tell me if I'm overstepping any boundaries, but have you ever looked around for a partner?"

"N-no, I've looked around the surface for anyone, and there's one um ... I mean, no one that really catches my eye."

I understand what he's saying, I was in a similar situation before I met Jae. It seemed that no one was right for me, and I wasn't right for anyone.

"That's ok, it's normal. Everyone has someone meant for them, we just don't know where they are. They could be right in front of you, or a million miles away. It's just your job to find them." I said.

I look at his eyes and see something I can't really place. Wonder, or maybe hope. Whatever it is, I snap back to realize that we are staring into each other's eyes.

As awkward as the situation is, I can't find it in myself to look away.

I wasn't paying attention to what my body was doing, but somehow we started to get closer to each other.

Out of the blue, I heard my name from behind me.

I turn to see Soonyoung running up to me, with a worried look on her face.

A/N

Well then, that was awkward.

Also, I don't have anything else to say this week other than a notice. If I don't get sidetracked and can stay on course, this is probably the halfway point in the story. I'm gonna focus on more cute moments for the rest of the story, so if you're here for the fluff stay tuned.

Anyway, this week how about we all enjoy our favorite icecream flavor. Mine is cookies and cream 😁

Luv you guys! 💙💛💙💛