Chapter 51

Saturday.

Today is the day I meet random people for my new found friends.

Is this normal? To do what I'm doing now? I don't think other people get the surprise of meeting random people 30 minutes from their home because their new friends want them to, right?

Oh well.

It's currently 12 am and I have started getting ready to leave. The boys said they would pick me up around 2 so I'm trying to be ready before that time.

I'm not sure what to expect from today. No amount of time I put into thinking last night gave me an answer to who I would be meeting today. At this point, I'm just gonna go with the boys and see what happens.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After getting ready, I waited for about 20 minutes before loud and fast knocking came to my door.

I opened the door to 4 tall boys and 1 unexpected hug from Kai that almost knocked me over.

"Hey, guys." I say over Kai's shoulder.

"Hi, Jihyun. Are you ready to go?" Yeonjun asks.

"Yeah, if Kai would put me down then I could get my purse and we could go." I say louder.

Kai laughs and puts me down. Grabbing my purse quickly, as soon as I step outside my dorm to lock it, the boys start making their way to the elevator.

Once we're down in the parking lot, I stop walking, looking for their car.

"Jihyun, over here."

"But, where is your ca-"

They walk up to an official looking black van. They came in that? And we're going in that?

"How did you guys-?"

"This was our friend's doing. We planned to take a normal car there, but they insisted on letting a driver take us there."

What.

They slide open the door to the van and pile in, while I hesitantly step closer.

The seats are a nice tan leather material and all the windows are tinted for complete privacy inside. I almost don't want to go inside as to not mess up the seats or car at all.

Yeonjun sat in the front passenger seat, the maknaes sat in the back row, and I sat in the middle row with Soobin.

Soon enough the van starts moving and the dorm building is left behind.

The car ride is actually nice and smooth, maybe too smooth.

Since I was so nervous last night, I barely got any sleep and I'm paying for it now.

I lean my head against the window and close my eyes for a bit. When I open them again, Soobin nudges my shoulder.

"Are you tired?"

"I didn't really sleep very well last night. I should be fine." I shrug it off.

The van slows a bit while more cars do the same around us.

"Well, we've hit some traffic. If you want you can take a quick nap, the ride is usually about 25 minutes but with the traffic it can be longer." I explains.

I nod and shift a bit to sit more comfortably. I lean my head against the window with my hands in my lap.

5 minutes pass and I still can't sleep.

While trying to slip away, I feel hands take mine.

I look over to see Soobin looking at my hands.

"Are you that nervous?"

"How can you tell?"

"Your hands are and were shaking this whole time."

I move to take my hands back, but he stops me and reaches over to move my head onto his shoulder. Once I'm settled he takes my hands back into his and rubs his thumb over the back of my hand.

"You shouldn't worry, Jihyun. We wouldn't ask you to come with us if we didn't think this would go well. If you really are uncomfortable we can turn around and drop you back off."

"No, I'm ok. It's just that these people seem really, really important to you guys, and I don't really know what to expect or do to prepare."

He nods in understanding.

"Well, we've already told them a lot about you. And they know they would like you already."

"Really?"

"Yep. I promise you you will like them, they aren't as strangers as you think."

"What does that ev-"

"Don't worry about it. Just sleep for a bit, I'll wake you up when we're about to get there." He says.

I stop talking not because I want to, but because I really feel sleepy now. Luckily it doesn't take as long to fall asleep this time.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I feel a slight nudge on my shoulder.

I open my eyes to see a parking garage with other black vans lined up in the parking spaces.

Stretching a bit, I sit up and look around to see I'm in a van also.

Oh, right.

"Jihyun? We're here."

I look over to see the boys getting ready to leave the van.

I nod and rub my eyes a bit before gathering myself too.

Once out of the van, we all stretch our legs, the boys especially because they are 70% legs, and the driver comes around to help us.

"If you follow me, I will take you to the right apartment, miss and sirs." He says.

We nod and start to head to the elevator on the side of the parking lot.

The nervousness is really picking up now, I'm basically here to meet these people already.

My slight panic is interrupted by a hand in mine, which belongs to Soobin. I guess I was shaking again.

I step closer to him as the elevator starts going up to the 7th floor. When we reach ground level, the elevator shows the glass windows exposing the outside.

The surrounding area looks expensive, like a nicer neighborhood. The buildings are all really tall and pristine. These are all apartments or condos, really nice ones, whoever these people are, they're rich.

Eventually, the elevator dings and the door slide open. The driver steps out and motions us to follow.

Hand still in Soobin's, we walk down a long hall and stop in front of a door. Yeonjun thanks the driver as he heads back to the elevator, while I try to calm myself a bit.

Soobin tightens his hold on my hand. "Ready?"

I nod slightly and they knock on the door.

A/N:
Sorry to leave it on a cliff hanger like that. I'm mean 😔

You probably already know who the people are, if not, you do know. I think I kind of spelled it out for everyone already.

After this there is only 2 chapters left!

Love you guys! 💛💙💛💙💛