Chapter 22

While the boys got their camera ready and got into the right positions, Soon walked around the bench to sit next to me. She also took the ice pack from Soobin to hold it for me instead.

When I say she took the ice pack, I mean that she passive aggressively stole the ice from Soobin's hand.

She sat next to me and started staring down the boys to try to get a feel of what they're like.

As soon as I notice what she's doing I stop her before she starts shooting laser beams from her eyes.

"Soon, stop staring at them, they aren't bad people."

"I'm just trying to get a vibe from them. You don't need to be hanging out with the wrong people right now."

I look at her and she returns the stare.

"Soon, I appreciate you looking out for me, but they really are nice guys. I haven't known them for long, but I can tell they are good people. And if they hadn't shown up to help me with Jae, I- I don't know what would have happened."

She gave me a confused look, because she doesn't know the full story.

"I'll explain later." I simply say, and she nods.

When we turn back to face the boys, Yeonjun is walking towards us to start the speaker.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

We both nod, and he plays the speaker then runs to his position before the que.

(I don't know how to explain dancing, sooooo ..... We're gonna skip that part. If you want the effect, watch a performance or dance practice video of 'Run Away'.)

All 5 boys move in synchronization. Their dancing seems like a copy paste of moves because they move together so perfectly.

Their choreography has a lot of teamwork involved, if one person is out of place, everyone could be out of place.

Just watching them makes me tired, how do they find the energy to perform this then continue with their day like normal?

When the song is over, Kai is pointing at me and Soon with his finger like it's a magic wand. He may be in high school, but the playful smirk he has on his face says otherwise.

Me and Soon clap for them, what else can we do, not clap?

They all break from their final positions and walk straight to the little cooler for water.

Kai is the first to make his way to us on the bench.

"What did you think, noona? Did you like the song?" He asks excitedly.

I smile at the cute little bounce he does because he's happy.

"Yeah, you guys are really great dancers. But where did you get the song from? I've never heard it before, it's really good."

The boys shuffle their feet and avert their eyes from Soon and I.

"Well um, w-we made it." Yeonjun said while fidgeting with the loose strings on his sweater.

My jaw drops while Soon has an impressed look on her face.

"You guys made the song?" I ask in disbelief. They all nod.

"Woah! So you guys can sing, rap, and dance!? You guys should be idols right now."

The youngest boys look at each other and share a look I can't quite place.

"Nah, we've seen up close how an idols life can be. We just want to be normal local dancers." Yeonjun says.

Before I can question what he means by seeing an idol's life up close, Soon starts talking.

"Well, you guys are really good. I know some people with connections if you ever want to try to get a little bigger." She stands up from the bench. "Anyway, I think I should get Jihyun home, we have a lot to talk about." She said while looking me in the eye.

Taehyun laughs a bit. "Yeah, we told her several times to go home but she wouldn't listen to us."

"Sounds like Jihyun." Soon says under her breath. I playfully hit her leg out of revenge.

As Yeonjun asks Soon about her connections, the 3 youngest boys pull me to the side, away from Soon, Soobin, and Yeonjun.

A/N

What do you think the maknaes want to say? I'm excited because things are starting to progress a little now. Sorry for the wait 😔.

The only thing I have to say this week is expressing my feelings about a K-drama. For anyone who was watching True Beauty, you know. I'm so sad it's over! I mean, I'm happy that Suho and Jugyeon are happy, Sua and Taehoon (my baby) are happy, but SEOJUN. My guy didnt get his girl! It might be complicated, but in the show I was team Seojun, in the webtoon I'm team Suho. I can't decide. I'll just go sit in the corner and cry about these fictional relationships.

Anyway, this week I want you to go find a new group or solo singer that you've been wanting to look into or that you've never heard of before. Maybe you'll discover a new artist to follow or a new song to call your favorite.

Love you guys! 💙💛💙💛💙