17 - Knock Off Lizzie

An owl soared into my room, and perched on my bedpost. I would've ignored it, but it looked like the letter was from Hogwarts.

I opened it, and my eyes grew wide as I read the letter.

Dear Miss Elizabeth Rosewood,

We are pleased to inform you that you've been accepted at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"Vanessa?"

"Lizzie! I got into Hogwarts!" she exclaimed as she sprinted into my room.

"Me too!"

Why we just got our letters I don't know. I was surprised that they wanted us to transfer.

"Did I just hear what I think I did?" Dylan asked, barging into my room.

I handed him my letter, and he smiled as he read it.

"Are you going to go?"

"Yeah. Of course."

"Tell Draco. He'll be happy," Dylan teased.

I nodded my head in the direction of the stack of letters that sat in the corner of my room.

"Please don't tell me those are all from him."

"Like 90% of them are," I said.

"Lizzie, are you kidding me? I may not like him, but he was at least tolerable when you two were together."

"I was going to respond...but...wait no. I'm not having this conversation with my brother."

"Lizzzieeeee!" he whined.

"What?"

"For the sake of us all, please fix things with him."

"It'll be fine. Now go away."

-

-

-

I boarded the Hogwarts Express with Faith. We slipped into a compartment, and she sat on my lap.

"You're so hot, Draco," she said desperately.

I slammed my lips down onto her's, and we made out, but I shoved her off me when the compartment door opened. Blaise, Oliver, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle came in. Blaise and Oliver looked absolutely disgusted, Pansy looked jealous - no surprise there, and Crabbe and Goyle wore looks of amusement.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Oliver snarled.

"Drackie! First Elizabeth, now her?" Pansy whined.

"Really? Just wow. I thought you we-" Blaise started to say, but I stood up, and pushed him out of the compartment. Oliver followed us, and I slammed the door shut.

"WHAT THE FUCK MALFOY!? YOU WERE HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH ELIZABETH, BUT NOW YOU'RE MAKING OUT WITH HER LOOK-ALIKE?" Oliver screamed in my face. Several heads poked out from nearby compartments.

"Fuck you Rosewood! Fuck all of you! Fuck your entire family! I didn't hear from Elizabeth once after the funeral. She just led me on like the little rich, spoilt, daddy's girl, brat that she is!" I spat.

His hands balled into fists, and his breathing got heavy.

"She was MOURNING you asshole. You didn't even show up to the funeral to comfort her, and don't you dare speak about Elizabeth or my family like that you little fuck," he growled maliciously.

"Or what?"

He lunged at me, but Blaise pulled him back.

"Punching him will just make things worse. Lets just leave," Blaise said calmly.

"Fine. But if I hear that you're speaking about my family like that again, you're dead. Now have fun with your off-brand Elizabeth."

He walked away, bumping my shoulder with his as he left.

"What a drama queen."

Blaise glared at me. "You know, I'm really disappointed in you. I get you 'moved on' or whatever, but insulting her and her family because she was depressed is just fucked up on so many levels."

"Why is this even such a big deal? She goes to Beauxbatons so it's not like we'll ever see her again. And why do you care so much? I thought you were in love with Ellie."

"I care because Elizabeth went through the hardest time of her life, and the two most important people in her life weren't there to comfort her," he said coldly. "Oh, and I think you'll be seeing her again a lot sooner than you think."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You'll see. Now go have fun with your knock-off girlfriend."

-

-

-

Oliver stormed into the compartment that I shared with Ellie, Dylan, and Vanessa. His face was red with anger, and his hands were in fists. He threw himself down next to me.

"What's wrong, Ol?"

"Nothing. Just a disagreement."

I could tell by his tone to not ask anymore questions. We sat in silence for a while longer until Blaise came in, and sat next to Ellie. He too looked angry.

"Everything okay, love?" Ellie asked.

"Yep," he said, gruffly.

Ellie and I shared a confused glance. Something was off. Way off.

As the ride went on, I wanted to look for Draco, but I felt like he wouldn't want to see me because I ghosted him. And the way the boys were acting seemed off. I felt as though it had something to do with him.

-

It was dark by the time we arrived at Hogwarts. The whole rest of the train ride had been extremely awkward after Blaise and Oliver came into the compartment angry.

Vanessa and I followed the first years to the lake where several boats were tied up. We all got into them, and they took us to the castle. We were led outside of the Great Hall, and Professor McGonogall greeted us. She gave Vanessa and I a small smile before speaking.

"Welcome to Hogwarts! In just a moment, you'll be sorted into your houses. As you all probably know, there is Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin," she explained.

I was hoping to get Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Gryffindor sounded like a great house, and my father was in Gryffindor. Although, I wanted Hufflepuff because Ellie and Dylan were in it, and because Cedric used to talk to highly of it, and he would say I would be a Hufflepuff if I went to Hogwarts.

-

-

-

I felt my stomach twist. So that's what Blaise meant. Elizabeth was here. At Hogwarts. And she was standing right next to Faith. Fuck.

I shook my head. Who cares what Elizabeth thinks when she finds out I found someone else. She should've written to me.

I made eye contact with Faith. Merlin, she is hot. She smiled at me, and winked seductively.

I patted the seat beside me. I knew she was going to join me in Slytherin. Just another reason why she beat out Elizabeth who I knew would be a Gryffindork or Hufflepuff.

"Faith Avery!"

Faith made her way up to the stool confidently. Mcgonogall lowered the hat onto her head.

"Slytherin!"

I leaped out of my seat, cheering. "That's my girl!"

Faith ran into my arms, and kissed me. When we pulled away I saw Blaise and Oliver glaring at me. I flipped them off, and sat down with Faith.