61 - A Plan in Progress

"Come on, come on!" Ellie squealed as she nearly ripped Elizabeth's arm off while trying to pull her out the door.

The plan was for Elizabeth and Ellie to take a girls' day with Brielle while the boys and I planned out the proposal.

"You won't have a finger to put a ring on considering how eager El is," Oliver chuckled from beside me.

Elizabeth, who I hoped did not just hear Oliver's remark, walked up to me to say goodbye. "Have fun," I said.

She smiled sweetly and stood on her tippy toes to kiss me. "Will do, and don't do anything stupid while I'm out," she said, pointing a glance at Oliver.

Then, she followed an eager Ellie out the door. The second it shut, Oliver seemed to explode with excitement.

"I can't believe you're getting married!" he cried.

"Not true, she hasn't said yes yet," said Blaise as he started to walk to the dining room.

"Jeez. That's a great confidence booster, Blaise," I mumbled as we took seats around the table.

"That's what I'm here for!" he responded. "So, what's the plan?"

"That's why I invited you two over because I have no clue what to do," I admitted.

Oliver smiled and cracked his knuckles. "Well, I say you go all out, flowers, fireworks, dinner, you know, the whole shebang."

"Overwhelming," Blaise mumbled.

A look of annoyance flashed onto Oliver's face for a split second before announcing a new idea. "A path leading through the garden. Rose petals scattered everywhere, the scene lit by candles, and at the end, she meets you and you propose!"

"Generic," Blaise said in a bored tone.

Oliver sighed but didn't give up just yet. "Sunset on the be—"

"Boring," Blaise cut in before Oliver could even get anywhere with his idea.

Oliver slouched back in his chair, clearly defeated. "Then if you're so oppinated, why don't you share your ideas!"

Blaise smirked. "Gladly. So, I say take her somewhere meaningful to either her or the both of you. Have dinner there and then at the end of the night, propose. She really loves you so I'm sure whatever you do, she'll love."

I thought for a moment before nodding. "I like that. The only other thing I'm worried about is permission. Aren't I supposed to ask her father for her hand in marriage?"

"Kind of hard to do when he doesn't even remember who she is," Oliver uttered.

"Dude, go outside. You're obviously too immature for this," Blaise barked.

"It's true, but Draco, my parents are working on finding them. They are actually heading out to Aunt Adelaide's old home in France in hopes that they will be there. If that's the case, they'll restore their memory and they will be back here in no time," said Oliver, his demeanor actually serious for once.

-

-

-

Hours later, Ellie and I returned to the manor with way too many shopping bags. When we got inside, we found the boys sitting around the dining table. Draco stood up immediately to greet me.

"Find everything you need, gorgeous?" he asked as he kissed my lips softly.

"Mhm. However, I need to put Brielle to bed so I will talk to you in a few."

"I'll go with you."

Blaise then said, "and I think we should be on our way. It's getting late after all."

Ellie nodded in agreement. "You're right. Let's get together another time though!"

And so, moments later, Oliver, Blaise, and Ellie were on their way and Draco and I were making our way to the nursery.

"So what did you guys do all day?" I asked as I lay Brielle on the changing table.

Draco took a moment to respond, almost as if he was trying to make up an excuse. "You know, guy stuff."

"Guy stuff?" I questioned.

"You know . . . talking about and playing some quidditch, talking about girls, all that stuff."

"By any chance, do you know if Blaise plans on proposing to Ellie anytime soon? That's all she could talk about today," I said.

And it was true. Ellie went on and on about marriage. I haven't been around her in ages, but from what I remembered, marriage was not one of her top priorities to do right after she finished school.

Draco cleared his throat and I turned to look at him. "I reckon he has a plan to do so soon . . . but what's your thought on marriage?" he asked.

"Why do you ask?" I questioned as I passed Brielle off to him so he could give her a bottle.

He shrugged. "I mean, it's something I definitely want . . . with you."

"Really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He nodded - he looked rather embarrassed, though I don't know why. Marriage is something that I have dreamt about forever, and ever since I fell in love with Draco, I knew I wanted to marry him. I know we are young and probably shouldn't be thinking about marriage at such a young age, but I love him so, so, so much and I want to start a new chapter of my life with him as soon as possible. I want to be the next Mrs. Malfoy, I want to buy a home with him, raise a family with him, and grow old with him.

"Well, it's something I want too."

I could see him biting back his smirk. "Good."