51 - Caught

As surprising as it is, I've been enjoying my time with Ron, Harry, and Hermione, even if what we're doing isn't necessarily enjoyable. It's just, I've never been close with them, but outside of hunting horcruxes, we've been having a lot of fun.

Well, I was having fun until March 13th rolled around.

We all sat around the table in the tent. The other three were talking up a storm while I sat quietly, scribbling on a piece of parchment.

"Everything alright, Liz?" asked Ron. "You're usually very talkative."

"Yeah, all is good," I said, but my tone was shaky and broken which told them I was lying.

Harry clambered into the seat besides me and pulled me into a hug as the tears started to fall.

"I know it's hard, but I promise you'll see your family soon," he said, rubbing my back.

"It's not that necessarily," I sniffled. "The wedding's today."

No one said anything. I knew it was because they didn't have anything nice to say about Draco's situation. However, Hermione finally spoke up after a long silence. "He loves you. He doesn't have a choice...Malfoy wouldn't marry her if he had a say in the decision."

"Yeah, when we defeat Volde-"

"Harry!" Ron interrupted, but not in time.

"Mort, you and Malfoy can be together, happily," he finished, but I barely heard the last of the sentence. We all sat in silence, staring at Harry who looked confused.

"What?" he asked before a look of realization dawned on his face.

Saying Voldemort's name wasn't so simple anymore. Apparently, his name is jinxed, so saying it will lead him right to the person who dares to speak his name. Hermione had made a big deal about how to never use his name, and we had been doing a good job at it until just now.

"Quickly, secure the tent!" Hermione commanded, grabbing her wand, but it was too late.

"Well look what we have here!" exclaimed a dark voice.

I felt my body go numb. Ron's face was as red as his hair, and Harry was frozen while Hermione looked surprisingly calm.

My heart beat was so loud I could barely hear the sound of laughter and footsteps.

Just as the flap to the tent opened, Hermione pointed her wand at Harry. I watched in fear and shock as his face became bruised and swollen, making him unrecognizable.

"Well, well, well," said Fenrir as he entered the tent, Snatchers on his tail. "Get them," he ordered to the Snatchers.

Before I could even react, Ron, Hermione, an unrecognizable Harry, and I were snatched up, and to my dismay, we were brought to the last place I wanted to be, especially on this very day.

Malfoy Manor.

-

-

-

I woke up with a jolt.

I had the dream again. The one where I find Elizabeth in the dungeon, dead.

My stomach twisted in pain as the image of her laying lifeless flashed through my mind. I leaped up, and dashed to the toilet, just barely making it in time before dry heaving as I haven't eaten anything over the past few days.

A knock came from the door, and I waved my wand at it, allowing my mother in.

"What happened!?" she cried, stooping down next to me.

"Bad dream," I mumbled.

She sighed sadly. She took a towel from the cabinet and wet it with water before placing it on my forehead. "If your father and I had a say in the wedding, it would've been called off. We both hate Vanessa, and we both hate seeing you like this, but it's the only way to stay safe so I just wanted to thank you for going through with it."

I didn't respond to her, so she kissed the top of my head before getting up to leave.

After I felt well enough to get ready, I showered and ate my breakfast which was brought to me by a house elf.

Chatter was heard from downstairs as the wedding was set up. I knew it was going to be some big and fancy wedding, something so extra for two people who don't love each other.

I glanced at the clock on my wall, and to my dismay, it was time for me to get dressed as the wedding was soon. I walked to my closet which contained the suit I would be wearing. I quite liked it actually. It looked like what I usually wore as it was all black. I'd rather be wearing it for Elizabeth, but I need to keep my family safe.

When I finished putting on my suit, I stood in the mirror, gazing at my reflection. A wedding was supposed to be the happiest day of your life, but by the way I looked, you would think I was attending a funeral. I had black circles beneath my red and bloodshot eyes and my skin was a ghostly white while my shoulders were sunken; I did not look at all like the proud Malfoy I was expected to be.

But then my thoughts were interrupted when my father walked into my room. He too did not look like the proud Malfoy I once knew.

Although, I was slightly confused as to why he was in my room as I still had some time before the wedding.

"You're needed downstairs," he said coolly.

"What's going on?" I asked as I followed him because I could tell something was up.

"We have new prisoners."

I didn't really think much of that statement. Prisoners were a normal thing, but I found it strange as Father was acting weird. Although, I realized why when we rounded the corner into the room, and my heart stopped when I saw the people that stood before me. Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, a nearly unrecognizable Potter, and what really made my heart stop was the fourth person. It was Elizabeth.