58 - One Final Step

I stayed put for maybe an hour or so, but during those 60 minutes, I paced back and forth in Draco's room as I debated if I should go to Hogwarts.

Draco gave me no details on what was going on, which only made me more anxious. However, I was only staying because he asked. That was up until I remember speaking with Helga, and she told me that she would grant me life again if I would help fight and to help Draco. So, I apparated to the Hufflepuff common room.

A big smile spread across my face as I felt the warmth of my old house. Oh, how I missed this place. But, as much as I wanted to stay, I knew something was up, so I quickly ran out into the halls of Hogwarts, only to be greeted with shock.

Bodies lay here and there, and the castle walls were crumbling. Screams echoed off the remaining chunks of wall, and lights from spells flashed before me. I knew a battle had broken out, but I was not expecting a full blown war.

"What the hell!? Lizzie!?"

I spun on my heel to see Oliver. Without hesitating, he sprinted to me and pulled me into a much needed hug.

"You aren't dead!?"

I shook my head as tears blinded my vision. "I missed you."

He didn't even bother hiding his loud sobs. "Me too...I really thought you were gone...how?"

"You didn't get my letter?"

He looked away sheepishly. "I did...but Ellie and I thought it was some sort of trap."

"Understandable. Well, it's a really long story. I'll explain later. Have you seen Draco?"

We started to walk through the halls, ducking behind piles of rubble every so often to avoid being seen by Death Eaters.

"He helped free all the Slytherins, so I saw him then, but he ran off with Goyle and Blaise. I didn't bother following because I was trying to find Cho."

"Cho? Are you two a thing now?" I asked as we fired spells at surrounding Death Eaters.

He nodded. "We've been together for a while now. Duck."

I dropped down to my knees just as a ball of green light whizzed over me, and Oliver blocked it. "Thanks, Ol. Have you seen Harry at least?" I questioned.

He shook his head. "Not since I was in the Great Hall at the beginning of the night. Haven't seen Weasley or Granger since then either."

"And what about Ellie and everyone else?"

"Just saw Ophelia a few minutes ago. No sight of El or Olivia, though."

"I hope they're okay," I mumbled as we entered a classroom which was still intact so we could hide.

From the window, we could see the battling in the courtyard slowing down, but we could still hear fighting going on inside the castle.

"What ever happened to the marriage between Draco and Vanessa?" Oliver spoke, breaking the small silence that had formed.

I sat quietly for a second longer. "Didn't follow through. It was called off because she was sleeping with Goyle."

"Holy shit."

"And now she's probably dead. She got pregnant. A baby girl...her name is Brielle."

Oliver stared at me, wide eyed.

"I know. Crazy."

-

-

-