Chapter 13

Dadi and Ishani went upstairs

Dadi took the seat beside Riddhima while Ishani stood there silently.
The time from since she meet her Ishani has hated her and even now she didn't loved her.....But yes neither hated her anymore.
" Sometimes it become so difficult ,when you want only bad to happen to someone and when it happens how you guiltfully think that why it happened...... I am sorry Riddhima." Ishani thought.
Dadi was caressing her forehead when she opened her eyes with a jerk.
"Calmm.... Down..."
" We are here Riddima calm down."
Riddhima looked at Dadi and then at Ishani.
She was breathing heavily but calmed herself down.
" Riddhima , eat something child, come-on sit."Dadi said and signalled Ishani to bring her something.
As Ishani turned Sana was already coming in with Riddhima's lunch.
There was a eerie silence in the room. Dadi quietly feed her ,as she noticed her shoulder the horrific memories of her being stabbed came to dadi's mind and a tear felled down her eye.
"Dadi you need some rest now ,lot of service done ,now take care of yourself too,ma'am please take Dadi down, I am here with Riddima ma'am." Sana said signalling Ishani ,dadi's condition.
Ishani understood her signal.
" Yes Dadi come I will take you"
Dadi nodded her head in disagreement but Ishani managed to take her down.
Sana came near Riddhima and got seated .
"How are you feeling now"
"Hmm...."
"So something........ may I bring you something else."
"No...."
She said without even listening what she asked.
"Ok...."
There was silence again... neither of them knew what to say. It looked as if  all the efforts they have put in yesterday where of  no use today ...... Everything was wasted but .......they can't lose hope, they have to do something and they will.
Sana got up and was ready to leave the room when Riddhima whispered,
"Where is Vansh......."

"Boss ....... Boss has just gone out he will come in a while, you want me to call him...", she took out her phone but Riddhima signalled no...
She kept it back ,"if you want you can come to the hall and wait for him there...........doesn't this room looks a little gloomy to you..."
She didn't replied.
Sana understood that she was in no mood so she went near the door and opened it.
"Ok....", a whisper came
Sana turned.
"Did ........you said something."
"Ok... I will come....."
A smile crept on Sana 's face ,she came near her  and supported her to stand and then took her out of the room, they went downstairs and  got seated in the hall.
"Bring some water." Sana  ordered the house help and took the seat in front of Riddhima.
"So .......waiting will be boring no.... you want me to turn on the television."
"No...."
"OK .......then like we can talk, I have a whole bunch of things to talk .... what say." She cheerfully said.
Riddhima didn't replied ,Sana understood  and thought she have to give up now.
Suddenly Vansh entered ,he was still angry and in the same mood as he had left , but when he saw her sitting in the hall , he felt relieved . Atleast she was normal somewhere..... he went and got seated next to them, Sana stood up but Vansh signalled her to sit.
"Well ....... Riddhima do you know where I went just now......".
Riddhima looked at him.
"I just went to the doctor and asked her how much time it's going to take for you to get well and you know what she answered."
"............She answered that you will get well as  soon as you   start talking so.................... ready steady go.... "
Riddhima looked at him and his silly try to make her laugh.
"what .......what are you looking at, I am not lying, I'm saying the truth.... she said that as much as   you talk you will get well....... so Sana, are you ready..."
"Yes boss".
"1..2..3 start talking..".
"Boss you know when we went to resort yesterday ,I came to know of something very new.."
"What?"
"That if you ask something to the oceans ,they reply in the dreams".
Vansh looked at her in disinterest.
"Even I did I talked to them yesterday and they replied me today morning.."
"Did they  call  you.....",vansh laughed sarcastically.
"Boss I am serious..."
"Yes ...yes I can see the level of your seriousness."
"If you don't want to believe then don't ......"
Sana turned her head dramatically.
" Ok... what did you talk..?"
"I won't tell you will get angry"
Vansh looked at her .
"Ok .......ok I am telling , I asked the oceans how to make a person little more bearable ...you know some people are there always  angry , all the time taunting ,all the time troubling others, so  I asked this thing only..."
" Why do I  feel that you are pointing at me".
"no ....no boss you are getting it totally wrong .." Sana smiled mischievously.
"And what did the ocean replied to you in the phone call."
"The ocean said this disease has no remedy, except that the  person need some psychiatrist ......"She said sadly.
Riddhima  smiled.
"Riddhima.... you are smiling ,you are supporting Sana ,come on I am your husband..."
Her smile turned into a small laughter.
"Wow, now your laughing, now you deside who is more dear to you she or your husband...."
"Of course me...." Sana broke his statement.
"What do you mean by ,of course you ,she is surely going to choose me."
"OK..... then you win ,I lose." Sana gave up.
Dadi called Sana and she took leave from both of them and went to the Dadi's room.
Vansh turned to Riddhima the smile was still on her face and he was a little proud of his efforts.

It was night already ,after the dinner Vansh entered the room.
Dadi had had already made her eat the dinner and left the room leaving her to sleep.
But she hadn't slept yet ,Vansh came  near her and sat on the bed.
Caressing her forehead he said,
"Sleep the doctor said else than a talking you need to sleep too."
She looked at him.
"What are you looking at ,I said sleep and you are even widening your eyes more."
"I am sorry vansh, I am sorry.....
I don't know what I had done with you has any rewind....... I don't know, I don't deserve forgiveness but you ..........you have a big heart....I feel so heavy here..."
She pointed at her heart.
"So heavy......... I don't know why I believed  him ..... i always knew you could had never killed her....... still i believed that you were a criminal...... and myself...."
She wanted say  more but Vansh stopped .
"doctor said you need to talk this doesn't mean, every night you are going to give me this long  speeches" he forced a smile.
"And what is this....... sorry, sorry Vansh, sorry Vansh, sorry Vansh and  sorry Vansh..... when are you going to end this poem ,no more sorry from now, people say sorry when the other are hurted but I always knew that you love me....... I love you, so what's the point of the sorry .......now one more time you say the sorry and  I am not going to talk to you ever."
"I deserve that only."

Vansh looked at her," You always deserved the best riddhima but when life plays , we are mere puppet...........",riddhima looked at him,"when i came to know about you and kabir i was heart broken but now i realize that .......that was regret , one more regret added in my life....."

Both looked at each other .
Riddhima wiped his tears.
"Ok...... wiping my tears and crying yourself ,you have quite partial system of judiciary.... first of all you stop crying,
You are my heart Riddhima every tear in your eyes pierce my heart..........
You want me to get some heart disease...no....na then......"
He laid her down.
"Sleep ........ and get well soon."
He closed her eyes and laid beside her.
He was always ................her Nepenthe.
.............................................................

P.S.-
Nepenthe is something that make you forget grief and suffering,but is forgetting that easy.
This was just to feel and remember the Nepenthe in our lifes.
Whenever we are in grief , there is always something or someone which become our nepenthe.
Do tell me yours...........
And what was that.....
"I always knew you could never kill her..........".