Chapter 6: The Long Way

[Ridan 1, 0100 A.R., Elios]

[Town of Greystone, Lyrkish Kingdom of Phirames]

[Luxenheim]

Shinn followed Juno into the Town, throughout the time he kept a hand on Flameclaw in case Juno would attempt to make a move. After all, there was something off at the fact that she just randomly went to him and said that she knew what was meant to be a Secret within the Talion Corps.

"This way," Juno said as she gestured at him to follow her upstairs as they enter a Tavern. Shinn hesitated, after all, if she was going to kill him there and there then it could get messy and the worse of all he can't use Flameclaw to release fire else he might resort to burning it down, even more so at the idea that Juno might be able to overpower him.

"Right before we get to business–" Juno said as she tapped on the table three times and a ghost materialized next to her causing Shinn to take a step back only to realize that the Ghost was none other than an Astral Projection of Jedidiah Magnus.

"Wow, I didn't know you can do an Astral Projection at this far," Shinn said, causing him to wonder if Hanamiya can do something similar in the future. But he immediately remembered why he was here in the first place.

"Okay, so what's going on?" Shinn asked making it obvious that he was gripping Flameclaw.

"Calm down, no need to be volatile for now take a seat," Jedidiah spoke as snapped his fingers as the room was enveloped in a light green light that eventually faded.

"There we go, that should keep anyone else from eavesdropping on us. As for the explanation, I suppose I owe you an apology." Jedidiah continued as both Shinn and Juno take a seat. "I take it that you're now fairly acquainted with Miss Veil?"

Shinn quietly nodded.

"Good, I forgot to mention a while back since I slipped out of my mind that I'm fairly acquainted with Miss Veil that I forgot to send a letter of recommendation that can easily help you in your training to be," Jedidiah paused and turned to Juno. "Just what are the Classes Disciples of Strea are granted?"

"Three," Juno answered who just silently Drank and watched the two converse. "But it's just two with the Third one being an endgame class. First, you have the Conservators and the Cardinals, if you're curious about them the Conservators are meant to be peacekeepers who would go and fight in the name of Strea–"

"–So they're like Crusaders?–" Shinn interrupted.

"–I mean there are Crusaders here too but that's a different case compared to Conservators, but the idea there is the same–" Jedidiah chimed in.

"–and protect her followers meanwhile the Cardinals are there to spread the word of Strea akin to like preachers they serve as beacons of hope for the followers of Strea." Juno finished the explanation as she shot a raised eyebrow at Jedidiah towards his earlier comment only for him to respond with a shrug.

"And this letter I can assure you that you will undergo the best training has to offer," Juno paused for a moment and opened her inventory to reveal a letter and handed it to Shinn as he gingerly opened the contents. "And if you want I can even take you in as my Apprentice."

Shinn pondered on this, this was too good to be true that it was an obvious trap or given Jedidiah's presence a potential test. After all, why would what is essentially the Gaia Battle Front's equivalent of a Jeanne D'Arc would go out of her way to recruit him if all it took was to just get a Legendary Weapon and a recommendation from a friend.