Chapter 47: Heavensgard Burns Part 2

[Kromozo 22, 0100 A.R., Khyonia]

[Old Heavensgard]

Earlier on the other side of the battlefield, Juno and Galen were in the middle of a duel as the two moved at high speeds and both are balanced and was a far cry from their first duel in the Asuran Badlands, as both sides were no longer holding back on using their respective Dawn and Dusk related magic all the while combining their sword skills.

Galen extended his left hand releasing a stream of Dusk Flames while Juno retaliated by releasing bolts of Dawn Lightning but as soon as both elements collided it had released an explosion sending both of them back but the two quickly recovered as Galen sprinted towards Juno his swords glowing black. Juno realizing what he was about to do, regained her composure as well as she readied her rapier as it began to glow white as she held her ground.

"Come on then," Juno said as her eyes glowed bright red while Galen's eyes turned blue and it was then followed by a blur of both red and blue ending with both of them backing away but with Galen with a notable stab wound in the stomach while Juno's chest plate was sliced forcing her to discard her entire armour in favour of movement.

In the eyes of an average Marked One or Inhabitant their movements were too fast to be perceived but for anyone, even near their level, they would be able to see fragments of their clash. And they were able to see that both of them used their respective fifteen hit combos and both of them were able to block all fourteen of their attacks but the fifteenth one was the one that left a significant blow on both of them.

However there is a minor problem, on the surface, the two looked evenly matched but both of them are already slowly being drained in their duel.

For Galen, he was unable to even tip the scales with the injuries he had sustained from a fight against the combined efforts of 4-Gren, Kry0z and Jedidiah that he has yet to recover. As for Juno, she was already reaching her limit as many of her spells and attacks were used in trying to counter all of the spells and attacks from Galen as a result she was just barely keeping up.

"Is that the best you can do?" She taunted hoping she can hide the fact that she was already reaching her limit.

"Just getting started." Galen spat out the blood from his mouth not even bothering to hide the fact that he is suffering from injuries that a lesser Marked One would have died.

A trio of Soldiers then proceeded to surround Galen who hoped to overwhelm him with superior numbers but Galen was able to easily dispatch them and killed all three before they even got close enough to land another blow at him. Juno on the other hand deflected a series of Urukian Mana Lances that were fired upon her which were instantly made their way towards several other soldiers killing them instead.

Galen once more channelled the Dusk energy within him as he dropped both swords and wrapped them into his fists. It was something he had learned from a fellow Seeker in the past where she would wrap Elemental Energy within her fists into a form of gauntlets. In his case, he would only rely on Dusk energy.

Juno realizing what he is about to do dropped her rapier and extended her hands to form a massive beehive patterned dome to defend herself. Being friends with a fellow seeker she had learned of a powerful spell that costs a large amount of Mana but it is a perfect defence against any attacks as it requires a large amount of Mana from all elements. But for her, she would rely only on Dawn Mana.

In a sense, both moves were an amplified version of Revan's Shade Impulse and Shinn's Hallowed Saviour.

Galen ran towards Juno and slammed both of his fists onto the barrier but as with before the two elements reacted in an attempt to repel Galen back but the force was enough to push Juno back as well.