Chapter 15: Slaves of the Dusk

[Ridan 18, 0100 A.R., Equinoa]

[Axtonian Ziggurat, Myrkish Empire of Aegiot]

[Noxamir]

"De–" Galen told Uriah as the two sat on the dirt near the Summit of Sol that morning with Erebus and Mori watched the Gate awaiting for Revan to return.

"De–" Uriah repeated.

"–Mon." Galen continued.

"–Mon." Uriah imitated him.

"Demon," Galen said completely, trying to help him understand that the true term is Demon and not Neverborn.

"N-Neverborn," Uriah said in defeat.

"For fucks sake," Galen said as he drank his Whiskey.

"Why did you choose him?" Mori asked him still keeping an eye on the Gate.

"Who? You mean him?" Galen turned to Mori standing up.

"Yes," Mori nodded, Galen was about to make a witty remark but he knew that Mori was serious and needed answers.

But at the same time, he didn't want to compromise what he had learned.

[July 20, 2023, Thursday]

Kenji took a sip from his Can of Strong Zero he had prepared that evening in his Office. His hands hovered on a prompt located on a holographic screen.

[Would you like to know the identity of the User(s): |Revan Winterwood| and |Shinn Vesna| Warning: Due to our Privacy Policies you are only allowed to look at a Read-Only file]

[Y?/N?]

"I already know that these two are Fuyumori Haruka and Harumura Natsuki," Kenji said as he opened another can and drank it. "But I need to know more, I need to find a way to learn more about their past and how I can use it to further push them in the right direction."

Even with his role as being part of the Seekers and how they can access the Accounts of all the players in Gaia Battle Front but that doesn't mean they can actively affect the game by using a series of quests to direct them in the right direction. Not even VEX in general has the power despite publishing the Game.

"Dammit Saruhashi," Kenji groaned as he stood up from his seat and placed his back against the glass in his window to sit on the floor.

"You could have at least left me a trail of Breadcrumbs before you went and vanish?" He said as he placed his hands on his head as his breathing became erratic. "That would have been helpful."

He stayed in that position for a moment and then stood up and immediately pressed the Y on the screen as he placed his hands on his hips as he took deep breaths trying to calm himself while reaching for his fourth Can of Strong Zero showing a prompt containing their characters' information but more importantly he learned that Fuyumori Haruka is currently en-route to Noxamir and Harumura Natsuki is en route to Luxenheim.

He slammed his palm on the desk in mild annoyance realizing that the former was on his way towards Luxenheim.

That meant she'll find one of them! He thought running his hand through his hair as he gritted his teeth. He knows full well that he isn't the only one trying to create Transcendents, between independent groups like Manaka he would also have to deal with other companies.

If the moles in other companies are anything to go by many countries such as the Yuen Foundation had already been taking interest in creating their Transcendents, not for the cause of pushing humanity into its next stage but more as to create soldiers which they plan to sell for the highest bidder simply because they learned that Transcendents have a natural sixth sense and an enhanced body leading them to conclude that they would become perfect soldiers.