Chapter 10: Champions of the Dawn

[Ridan 18, 0100 A.R., Equinoa]

[Streania, Lyrkish Kingdom of Phirames]

[Luxenheim]

Juno stood there still in her original pose but this time facing the entrance of the Empyrean Spire awaiting the return of both Shinn and Gemia, it had been several days since the two entered and yet neither one had finished. Though it didn't bother Juno, she knew this Trial is more or less a Boss Rush type of Dungeon Run, this meant that each floor had no mob but rather a Boss for them to deal with and the only way for them to clear a floor was to deal with said boss.

As a result, the number of those who are worthy of becoming a disciple of the Dawnguard grew smaller each day. She remembered having around a thousand Marked Ones who were eager to take up the title not because of a form of noble calling like the reason Juno had but rather simply because the idea of becoming affiliated with the Saint of Dawn was something of amusement.

But as harsh as the Trials are it helped separate those who didn't take the title seriously and those who did. As such among the thousands that wanted to become a Disciple only a handful remained, especially given how unforgiving the game world is when it comes to Marked Ones dying.

On the brighter side of things, Juno thought as she kept a focused gaze on the gateway. The Mortality rate here was a lot lower compared to that of Noxamir, form what I learned from the letters of the others it was essentially Hell on Earth over there.

I know he can handle it but... Juno pondered for a moment but immediately shook her head trying to regain her focus and composure. No, I have faith in him.

For a moment the gateway opened once more and from it was Gemia, her clothing was torn and she was badly wounded as she stumbled out of it. Her mark which suddenly moved to her chest began to glow brightly in a golden tone as she immediately collapsed on the ground exhausted if not for Juno catching her in one arm.

"Congratulations," Juno nodded with a warm smile as Gemia tried her best to stand despite her current state. "Please rest, you have earned such respite."

The mark on her chest was a clear sign that she had passed, this was because once the Empyrean Trials have been completed the disciple would be blessed with a new Mark on their body showing that in the eyes of the Saints she is worthy.

Then there is no doubt that Shinn can also pass, Juno thought as she continued her gaze on the Gateway as several attendants tended Gemia.

[Transcendence Volume 2: Awakening]

[Ridan 21, 0100 A.R., Terrus]

[Empyrean Spire, Floor 8 – Geminalla]

Explosions rocked the battlefield, which had taken the form of the Zhanian Valley. Or rather an illusion of it. It had been several days since Shinn had entered the Spire, and it had been a gruelling three days for him having to try and finish them as fast as he could as he had learned that he cannot log out in the middle of a Dungeon, in most you can by setting up camp but given how participants aren't allowed to make stopover with the only options are either quit and fail the Trial without reaching the Summit or complete the Trial by reaching the summit.

So Shinn did the only option that was possible, Speedrunning.

And so he went through all floors of Venara the Third Floor, Sollas the Fourth Floor, Maras the Fifth Floor, Juptris the Sixth Floor, and Saturnine the Seventh Floor by using whatever means possible through sheer will, but mostly bullshit.