Chapter 21: How's your arm?

[Oshkom 14, 0100 A.R., Reniya]

[Freiheim, Myrkish Empire of Aegiot]

[Noxamir]

"So now what?" Revan asked as he stepped out of one of the nearby cottages that were provided for him, it was also here that he had finally gotten a change of clothes compared to the torn-up ones he had upon arriving. It consisted of a set of black and dark grey robes accompanied with light boots that were similar to his former Manslayer Tunic but lacked the option to modify with armour, according to Galen Subjugators were known for their agility and Ki Focused attacks making them a mixture of Assassin and Monk.

"Now I want you to go to the Pit and grab the Chalice of the Old Blood, a grail-like thing that is said to have contained the Blood of Saint Axton himself--"

"--sounds tasty--" Revan interrupted.

"--Some bandits got it and I need it, if I have that then I'll be awesome."

"So you want me to go on a fetch quest?" Revan raised his eyebrow at him. "Why not send--"

Galen grinned as he pointed at Mori who had an irked look on her face as she sat on a wheelchair as she was still bruised and injured from her brawl with him.

"--never mind," Revan muttered.

"Don't worry you won't be alone," Galen nodded at one of the Soldiers that was accompanying him and walked towards him as he saluted in front of him.

"His name is Thomas Orphen, he's a Captain of the Nineteenth Company within the Imperial Army." He took off his helmet revealing a Myrken teen with short silver hair and reddish-brown eyes.

"Well you're with me then," Revan said with a low groan.

"Good Luck," Galen told him.

And so Revan was tossed into a fetch quest with some soldier he just met.

"So what's your story?" Revan asked as the two began their long hike towards the Pit.

"Well I was adopted by a couple who were simply refugees in a previous conflict so I thought I'd repay the debt by enlisting into the Army," Thomas explained to him with a shrug. "That's pretty much it I guess."

"Yeah I'll make it clear between the two of us," Revan said with a concerned sigh as he looked at the scars on his left arm. "Try to keep your distance I have a feeling I'll have a hard time trying to tell the difference between ally and enemy in battle once I use this."

"That's fair," Thomas nodded as they made their way out of the River delta that made up the Freiheim region. "You'd be surprised that a lot of Centipede wielders tend to be like that. In battle, they'll enter this phase where even the most cunning strategists would be blinded in battle when using the blessing of the Duskwarden. So it's often wise to keep one's distance unless you're confident that you can avoid their blows or just be unharmed by them."

"You seem well educated about this," Revan commented with a surprised look as he offered Thomas a flask of water. "Is this some kind of standard military doctrine?"

"Far from it," Thomas smiled as he shook his head as Revan continued to drink. "This is less of a Military tactic and more of a Greater Cause."

"Cause the power we get is from the Duskwarden and there we're treated as servants of his will?"

"Pretty much."

The two of them stopped their tracks and looked at the scene before then.

On a dark and desolate mountain trail, dozens of Demons flew by while groans and cries of other wildlife can be heard from the distance.