Chapter 16: A Shockingly Minor Problem

[Ridan 25, 0100 A.R., Ventrion]

[Monastery of Storm's Fist, Kingdom of Ousanus]

[Throndrheim]

The Kingdom of Ousanus has always been the more stable nations within the three Continents, making them a sort of middle ground from the established Kingdom of Ikdas in Shivangard and the Federation of Staal in Middrasil which was on the brink of collapse due to the dwindling resources thanks to several of sub-regions in their area exposed to a blight infection that causes their crops to slowly rot and die all the while their remaining territory has been slowly being caught the interest of not only the Ikdasians but also various Marked One Factions like the Moon Shadow Organization.

In a sense, this makes Ousanus the strongest Nation out of the three of them and has become a national symbol of pride that they are able to endure this long.

But they have a minor problem.

4-Gren looked at the letter presented to him by the King of Ousanus. The man wasn't satisfied with just the understanding that his sovereign would reign. He needed more, and he was willing to sacrifice anyone for it, be it Marked One or Inhabitant, all in the name of personal gain and pride.

The door opened revealing three Marked Ones that he was looking for, all three of them were not only the most trusted members within the Monastery but were also the most capable fighters.

Arash44, a Foxtail just like him with messy dark grey hair that nearly covered his equally piercing dull gold eyes all the while wearing a full leather suit that was used alongside a prototype Ghillie suit that was usually worn by his teammate. He was one of his 'proteges' to say the least, a crack shot with his personal Repeating Crossbow and a Leader of [Orion's Crosshairs], a Guild of Marked Ones that primarily spend their days hunting down various creatures for sport but more importantly had taken up the Class of [Rainbearer], which was one of many Classes associated to the Stormbearer Saint.

Carin Ainehill, she had been a new member in the circle not long ago after becoming a Valkyr Commander. Especially since she had started dual-wielding spears as a new fighting style that several of her Valkyrs in training had been adopting as well.

And SolarHunter, he had initially sent him into various Suicide Missions since he had succeeded in the Noxamir Mission which was supposed to get him killed, and yet here he was. He was a talented Runesmith but what annoyed him was the fact he was slowly learning how to wield Storm magic akin to a Servant of the Stormbringer.

The three of them stood in silence as 4-Gren stared at the letter further furrowing his brow.

"So what's our next mission boss," SolarHunter spoke with a cheeky smile, another thing that annoyed him was that SolarHunter managed to figure out he was sending him out to die but managed to go through and finish the mission anyway out of pure spite.

"If you are so keen to know it's just a minor Fetch quest they want us to do," 4-Gren said handing the letter to Arash44 to read while Carin looked over his shoulder.

"They want us to hunt and capture the Indrian Thunderbird!?" Arash44 and Carin asked in shock.

"That doesn't sound like a minor fetch quest," SolarHunter raised an eyebrow at him. "That sounds like a suicide mission."

"I know," 4-Gren told him with a shrug, the Indrian Thunderbird was among the many Sacred Beasts associated with the Saints due to a legend that each one of them either carries a fragment of the Saints or just as powerful as the Saints.