Chapter 23: Not enough

Natsuki accompanied Karen on her way home while Natsuki stayed around a little bit more to think about for a moment as well as to clear his head before logging back into the game, eventually, night had fallen and his pondering had led him into a nearby park.

"Maybe I should try and reconcile with him," He told himself as he sat on a nearby bench. "I mean I know where he is now and all but..."

He silently groaned as he stared at the stars above, and then felt a throbbing sensation in his head.

He's here, He thought as he stood up and looked around. It took him a few days to realize that such an event would just happen only when he's around which had happened more than what was surprisingly common.

"Wiess?" He called her on his phone where she is active. "Are you sure that you don't know what this is called?"

"I'm afraid not," Wiess said materialized on top of his phone shaking her head.

"Do you want me to call Doctor Hanazawa about that?" She said pulling out a holographic flare gun earning an amused chuckle from Natsuki.

"No need, I just want to see if you do know something about this." He chuckled as she went back into the phone. He looked around hoping he can see him, but after a few minutes of hesitation, he shrugged and went home.

[Oshkom 16, 0100 A.R., Elios]

[Streania, Lyrkish Kingdom of Phirames]

[Luxenheim]

Woke up in his bed after logging in with a frown as he looked at his new rune, recalling that his Mark had combined with Hanamiya's own Magi's Companion rune. I wonder, He thought as he closed his eyes concentrated as he thought about her which he assumed it was how she contacted him. As he did so his mind wandered for a bit and focused on the time he spent with her.

The fact that she knew exactly what she was doing no matter what situation they found themselves in. How she is as dangerous with Magic as she is intelligent. How she would act confident all the time but would get annoyed at the fact that something doesn't make sense.
And then his mind wandered further down the road with her in general. Like how at a certain time of day, her dark blond hair would glow beautifully in the sunlight as she chose to let it flow down her shoulders almost carelessly. Or how her golden eyes would have this adorable twinkle in them she looked when she would get passionate at magic even if he doesn't seem to understand what she is saying at all.

Those thoughts made him just think of how beautiful she is.

But realizing what he was thinking his eyes went wide open as he buried his face in his pillow as he felt his face burn red with shame and embarrassment. After all, he is in love with someone else, why would he be falling for someone else.

"I shouldn't be thinking about that," He told himself.

"Thinking about what?" Hanamiya's voice said through the Mark taking him by surprise.

"Trying to use fire from Flameclaw to fly!" He said immediately hoping that the mark did not have any form of telepathy.

"I don't know," Hanamiya trailed off sounding a bit distracted at the moment. "I mean in Ahterion I heard people can fly there through certain items."

"I guess that's not too far off," Shinn chuckled nervously. "You seem busy."

There was a pause, like Hanamiya is hesitating on something and then she spoke again.

"So here's the thing," Hanamiya said with a moment of hesitation. "So remember when I said I'd use the Astralta as a means to initiate some form of fast travel? Well, I've received a letter from Magnus himself that such thing is possible but not without the right amount of information."