Chapter 5: Horizons

[July 24, 2023, Monday]

[Aomori High]

Within the Schools of Aomori and Tsukiyama High, they both have the same idea when it comes to the Clubs, you can take two Clubs at the same time as long as one is Academic and the other is Sports because if you take two clubs at the same time you get twice the extra credit from both, additionally you can only get one extra credit for participating in one club while no extra credit at all if you aren't in any club.

As with the case of Natsuki who took the Kendo Club as his one for the Sports Clubs and chose the Newspaper Club as his Academic Club meanwhile for Karen, she went and chose the Arts Club instead. She could have chosen to participate in a Sports Club as well like the Volleyball Club like she did in Middle School but she never got along with the Captain of the Women's Volleyball Team so it was out of the question.

But on the brighter side of things is that she can focus more on her artworks, which has been her mode of relaxation and that she inherited from her Grandmother when she lived in Russia before moving to Japan when she entered High School.

"Whoa Natsuyama-san that artwork is amazing!" Karen turned around to find her Classmate and Clubmate Hinami looking at the artwork with awe.

It showed a man in a Red coat casually gripping his sword as he looked at the scenery with awe as he stood within a valley in the middle of light rain, from afar a monastery complex with a massive tower can be seen from the distance while being covered in a mixture of mix and storm clouds.

The scene itself is based on her and Revan's arrival in the Monastery of Storm's Fist in Throndrheim.

"Thanks," Karen smiled both at the memory and that her artwork is appreciated, it was her first attempt at making a coloured artwork as most of the ones she made so far are just sketches that she isn't even sure that it's good. "Still a work in progress to be honest."

"Well, you're off to a great start," Hinami smiled at her but then gave her a somewhat of a sheepish look. "It reminds me of Friedrich's 'Wanderer above the Sea of Fog' painting to be honest."

"Yeah, it is based off that but within the world of Gaia Battle Front," Karen said, explaining to her on where she explained the location to them.

"If the whole place is a massive scenery porn then I need to get a copy of that Game in that case soon," Hinami said with a giggle.

"Good that way Natsuki and I can introduce you into some places that we've been to." Karen smiled excitedly, but then she immediately placed a palm on her face realizing that she has yet to ask where in Zerundus did Natsuki ended up.

Especially since she wants to introduce him to Revan since she had a feeling the two might become good friends.

"What's wrong?" Hinami asked worriedly.
"Nothing it's just an oversight." She shook her head.

Later that afternoon the two went to have lunch by the Cafeteria, Natsuki and Karen shared lunch.

"That reminds me you never told me where you ended up again in Zerundus," Karen asked him, it was on that moment he gave her a look that mirrors the same level of realization she had earlier just now.

"Shit I forgot to bring that up huh," Natsuki commented placing a hand on his mouth in surprise.

"I guess I might as well start first then." Natsuki continued with a somewhat sheepish smile. "I made my way to Luxenheim, uh Hanamiya had to stay behind cause she's a massive bibliophile–"

Karen let out a scoff, she always found it amusing at how exasperated Natsuki can get when he talks about the misadventures he has with Hanamiya albeit with a tinge of jealousy though she had no right as she has her own set of misadventures with Revan.