{ infuriating ~ adrienette }

"I call the bed," Marinette said plainly, hopping onto the bed and sitting with her legs crisscrossed.

Adrien furrowed his eyebrows, "Says who?"

"Says me!"

"I'm not sleeping on the couch." the blond said and sat on the bed as well, opposite of her with his arms crossed.

"Neither am I," she said and quickly got under the covers of the bed.

Adrien, not wanting Marinette to have a second of victory, hastily got in bed beside her.

"What's your problem?" she scowled.

"You, Marinette. You're the problem," Adrien bitterly said.

They were silent for a minute, staring each other down.

The blond-haired boy was the first to break the fragile stillness, "I'm too tired to deal with this," he huffed, getting up and grabbed a few pillows and a blanket from a nearby cabinet. He laid the pillows down between them, creating a makeshift wall, "If you cross this wall I'm gonna ca- kill you."

"Wouldn't even dream of it." Marinette smugly said and took off her pigtails. Her hair flowed naturally down her shoulders.

Adrien's breath slightly hitched at the sight. It was his first time seeing her with her hair down. It looked messy, untamed even, but it looked so soft and somehow- mesmerizing? Oh, God-

"What?" Marinette said, snapping him out of his trance.

Instead of a solid answer, Adrien instead sends her a confused looked. He knitted his eyebrows together and became the human embodiment of the question mark.

"You're overdoing it Agreste," she laughed and ruffled her hair a bit, "You were staring," the girl said in a matter-of-factly.

Adrien stiffened, he didn't think she noticed, "Staring? At you? I'd rather watch one of XY's performances,"

Marinette held back her laugh, "Whatever you say," she said and got comfortable underneath the blankets.

He sighed, both in annoyance and relief. Annoyance because, well, Marinette. If the word "Annoying" was a person it would be her. And relief because he could finally get a good night's rest, it had been a long day for him- everyone, even. With this trip, last-minute commitments made by his father, akuma attacks, he was more than eager to finally get some shut-eye.

He took off his shirt, ready for bed, but not without any opposition from Marinette. It was her turn to feel flustered.

"Can you not?"

"Why? Too distracting for you?" Adrien remarked. Marinette's face flushed at the comment.

"God, you're infuriating," she didn't want to admit it, not even to herself, it was a little distracting, to say the least.

Adrien chuckled but decided not to tease her any further, not wanting to start anything else. He lets out a yawn and gets comfortable underneath the comfortable covers.

And with that, silence finally filled the air, as they both drifted to sleep.

But their troubles haven't ended, if anything they're just getting started. Sometime during the night, the wall Adrien willfully created served no purpose as their sleeping positions shifted to shelter their skin from the cold breeze emitted by the air conditioning.

The bright rays of the sun made their way into the pair's room through the window they had stupidly forgotten to close the night before.

Marinette was the first one to wake up. Her eyes fluttered open as the said rays hit her face. She lazily tried to get up but felt an arm holding her down.