{ always ~ adrienette }

Tears threatened to fall down Marinette's face as Lila teased, mocked and made fun of for the millionth time today.

You'd think she'd have Alya by her side but the liar somehow found a way to make her hate the poor girl. Same thing with Nino.

Adrien was the only smart one in school, not falling for Lila's lies. He knew she lied about being friends about his beloved Ladybug, about going to America and meeting the prince and he knew all the lies she has spread around school about Marinette. The lies can go from bullying her since kindergarden to killing her pet cat when they were little. It was stupid how gulible people are when it comes to believeing in such lies.

"So Marinette? Gonna cry some more?" Lila taunts the girl with a smirk plastered on her face.

Marinette turns around and continues walking home, not paying attention to Lila.

"No reply huh?" she asks again as Marinette felt someone push her from behind. "Next time think twice before ignoring me Dupain-Cheng," she cackles like a witch before walking off.

'How do people not see that Lila is actually a huge jerk?' Marinette thinks angrily to herself as she picked up her things from the ground.

A hand grabs her sketch book and gives it to her "Need any help?"

Marinette looks up and see the one and only Adrien Agreste.

As if this day was worse enough. Now Adrien had to see her like this.

She takes her sketchbook and Adrien slowly helped the girl up "Dont let Lila push you around, okay?"

A smile forms on her face and nod at him "Hey Adrien, can I ask you something?" she ask hesitantly at him.

"Go ahead,"

"Do believe the things Lila has said about me?" Marinette bites her lip nervously and instantlty regretted asking him that. Ofcourse he'd believe Lila- who hasn't?

"Ofcourse not! I dont even know how or why anyone believed her in the first place!" he answers looking her straight in the eye.

Marinette smiles wider feeling warmth and happiness surround her. Her face heats up and look away.

Adrien hooks her chin and they look at each other for what seemed like forever but it was only seconds "No problem. Just remember Im here for you. You're my best friend." it stung yes, knowing that Adrien saw her as only a friend but it felt comforting knowing she had one.

"Thanks again Adrien. For everything," she smiles at him and he smiles back.