{ scarf ~ marichat }

Chat Noir jumps to the top of the Eiffel Tower, looking over the view of Paris. He had seen the sight several times, but it never ceases to amaze him. He enjoyed the solitude, though he had plenty of that at home, seeing Paris in all its glory was just so relaxing. It was like his temporary peace, besides hanging out with his lady of course, from his home, from his overbearing father, who has yet again, forgotten his birthday.

While overlooking Paris, one Parisian seemed to catch his eye. Marinette Dupain-Cheng, who sighed heavily holding at what looked like a present in her hands. He had seen her earlier today, she looked like she had something to tell him but before she could even get a word out, Chloe unwantedly butted in, pushing her aside.

Though he enjoyed the solitude, he would enjoy hanging out with his princess even more. Using his baton, Chat Noir jumped building off of building until he reached her balcony, "Hey," he greets her with a smile.

"Chat Noir? What are you doing here?" Marinette questioned, startled at his sudden visit. Not that she was complaining though. She was sat down in a chair holding the present in her hands.

"Cant a cat visit his princess now and then?" he replies slyly, looking at the sky, admiring the stars.

A few moments of silence filled the air before Chat decided to break it, he reverted his gaze from the sky to her, holding eye contact. "What's got you down?"

Marinette sighs, "Oh, it's nothing really. I don't wanna bore you with the details," she shrugged, placing the present on the table beside her.

"Princess, you could never bore me. You can tell me anything," he replied and sent her a soft smile. A smile she could have sworn she had seen before.

"Well, if you must know," she got off of her chair and once again picked up the present. She stood beside Chat, "I was planning on giving this gift I made to my friend since it was his birthday, but I was just too much of a coward to do so," Marinette explained, sighing lightly. She held out a rectangular box which was wrapped in a light blue color, "I'm just so awkward around him. I get so nervous and never find the right words to say,"

Chat's ears perked up, could she be talking about me?

"Who's this friend?"

"Adrien Agreste. You know him, right?" she asked, glancing at him.

Chat Noir blinked a few times, he was both glad and confused. Happy because Marinette had made him a gift. He had received numerous gifts before but no one had ever made him anything. Of course, excluding all the exclusive clothing pieces his dad had made for him. Those were for business purposes only though, they didn't count.

And confused. Confused because why was she nervous to give it to him? Did he scare her? Made her uncomfortable? He would hate to have made Marinette anything of the sort, he valued their friendship very much.

"Yeah," was all he said in response. He was lost in thought.

Marinette continued her little rant, "And when I finally got the guts to walk up to him, my other classmate had interrupted me and all attention was on her." she sighs sadly looking down at her gift.

Part of him wanted to hug Marinette right then and there but he had to restrain himself. He hopped off the railing, now standing beside her, and took the gift from her hands, "I can give it to him," he offered.

"Really?" she asks, looking up at him, "But I don't want to bother you. Do you even know where he lives?"

"Princess, seeing you sad is what bothers me, I'll gladly give it to him, I know exactly where he lives," Chat smiles. He was giddy with excitement, eager to open the gift.

"Oh, thanks Chat!" Marinette smiled brightly. Without thinking, she wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him ever so tightly. Chat Noir, though hesitant, hugged her back, wrapping her arms around her shoulder.

Should he have put them around her waist? Or was he right to just wrap them around her shoulders? Yeah, yeah, around the waist would be pushing it, right? He didn't wish to make her uncomfortable.

Marinette froze, embarrassed by the sudden hug she engaged in, her cheeks flushed a bright light shade of pink and let go immediately, "I'm so- so sorry, that was so random,"

He chuckled, "It's alright,"

Immediately regaining her composure, Marinette smiled once more and pointed at the present, "By the way! If you're gonna just leave it in his room, don't even bother leaving a note saying it was from me. He might think I snuck in his room in the middle of the night to give him the gift," Marinette giggled nervously. As crazy as it may sound, she did think of doing it earlier, though thankfully Tikki was able to talk her out of it.

"I assure you he won't think that. See you later princess," he winks at the bluenette to which she smiles in response, "Bye Chat!"

And with that, Chat Noir jumped off of her balcony, making his way back into the cold and empty mansion he calls his home, "Claws in."

"Finally, I am starving!" Plagg rummaged around Adrien's drawers in search of some cheese. He noticed Adrien staring at the present in his hands, not knowing if he was going to open it or not, "Well? Are you just gonna stare at it or are you actually gonna see what's inside?"

"I will, I will. It's just," he paused, "She said she made this for me. And that she was nervous to give it to me?? I wonder what's inside."

"Open it and find out then, geez." the little kwami rolled his eyes, annoyance written all over his face.

Adrien chuckled a bit before finally ripping the perfectly wrapped-up gift. Inside was a box which he opened revealing a gorgeously knitted blue scarf with his name stitched on the corner, in a cursive font. It was perfect. The sizing on it was spot on, it fit him perfectly. It wasn't too long nor was it too short. The material she used was so soft, it was so comfortable.

"Oh! That's a nice gift your girlfriend got you! Hey, I didn't even know you had one. Next time at least let me know," Plagg laughs, teasing Adrien immensely. Though he blushed, Adrien shook it off.

It was a nice heartwarming gift from one of his first and closest friends. It was completely normal to get at least a little bit flustered, "It's nothing like that Plagg, she just a good friend,"

"Sure kid, keep telling yourself that," 

(recently edited this bc i liked the plot but the writing was bleh)