{ prom queen ~ adrienette }

"So who's your date to the dance?" Alya asked while looking over at the brunette.

"Oh, I'm going with Adrien, obviously," she said and smiled at him.

Adrien still felt uneasy about the whole ordeal but what can he do? That little liar somehow got ahold of a video of him transforming back into his civilian form. Knowing Lila, she wouldn't hesitate to release that video if something doesn't go her way.

"Really? About time you guys got together." Alya was most definitely not surprised. If anything she was waiting for them to get together. Especially since she knew her former best friend, Marinette had an evident crush on him.

And if you're wondering- yes, Alya changed quite a lot ever since Lila came around. Even Nino was concerned.

Lila doesn't say anything in reply and instead laughs and redirects her attention to Adrien, "Isn't that right?"

Adrien sighs, "Right."

In the midst of all of this Marinette was across the hall watching everything unfold in front of her very eyes. She ran towards the bathroom, collapsing in a stall. She locked the stall's door and buried her face into her little purse, "Tikki! Can you believe this?! Lila is going with Adrien! And what's Alya gonna do about it? Nothing! That's what!"

"Don't mind them Marinette. His loss for not going with you." her little kwami said hovering over her pigtails.

"I'm just tired of pretending." she sighs, "Where's my happy ending?"

Tikki gasps. Before Marinette could even look up from her bag she heard a voice whispering inside of her.

"Prom Queen, I am Hawkmoth."

***

"This one or this one?" Alya asked posing in front of the mirror, switching between two dresses.

It was a day before prom and Alya was still unsure about her dress. Marinette would usually help her figure out her outfit or even make one for her but she obviously wouldn't ask her now.

And to Alya's displeasure instead of help all she got from Lila was "I don't know. Just hurry and pick one."

Lila never treated Alya nicely as a friend. Most of the time Alya felt ignored by her.

Alya sighed, "This one then."

***

The day has finally arrived and everyone couldn't be more thrilled to be there dancing in their dresses or tuxedos.

Well, all except one.

Adrien sat in the corner of a room, drinking some juice.

The night continued and everyone danced, talked, drank, and hung out. Lila got Adrien up and to the dance floor dancing the night away until it was time to announce prom king and queen.

The guys couldn't care less about who was being crowned king but the girls, on the other hand, were practically dying of anticipation.

And the prom king and queen were obviously Lila and Adrien.

Lila squealed excitedly and Adrien just sighed and went up the stage. The host brought up the two crowns and just as Lila was about to put on hers, the light flickered and a loud bang rang through the room.

Once the lights turned on, there she was. Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

"Marinette?!" Adrien broke the silence, "What happened?!"

Marinette scoffed, "Marinette is no more. I'd prefer if you call me prom queen from now on." she said and dusted off the non-existent dust of her dress.

She wore a dark purple dress- similar to an akuma's color, with black accents. On the back, it was floor length but on the front, it was cut right under her knee and she wore black tights underneath. Her hair was still in her iconic pigtails tied with a black ribbon. For her shoes, she wore black flats and lastly her earrings were now black with purple spots.

"Now that I have been introduced, let's get started, shall we?" she smirks and with a swift wave of her wand Lila disappears into nothing.

Everyone screams, they start running out of the building except for a few; Alya, who stood there with a look of anger on her face, and Chloe, who chose to stay to watch everyone unravel instead of her own safety. She ducked under a table, hoping to be left unnoticed.

"What did you do?!" Alya yelled at the girl in rage.

"I did what I had to. Didn't want any more lies from her filthy mouth." Prom Queen shrugs and starts roaming around the room, "Oh and Chloe," she pauses, "I know you're there." using her wand, she raises the table where Chloe was taking cover from and flings it across the room.

"Don't hurt me! Or else I'll tell daddy!" she announced as a threat.

"I'd like to see you try." she smirks and turns the poor girl into nothing, "Oh, and Alya,"

Alya pauses, she was trying to run out as quietly as she could. She turns around.

Prom queen points her wand towards her and a butterfly-shaped outline appears in front of her face, "You're Rena Rage now. Let's go."

Rena Rage follows Prom Queen out of the building to see Chat Noir gathering everyone trying to take them to a safer place.

"Halt," she says and everyone freezes in their spot.

"What do you want from them Marinette?" Chat Noir asks getting ready to battle, extending out his baton.

"Adrien Agreste. Simple really." Prom Queen said and simply shrugged.

"Too bad. He's not available. Not today or any other day." Chat said and charged towards her.

"Rena!" she yelled and Rena shot something from her phone at Chat, to which Chat obviously dodged but it instead hit someone else from behind.

They continue to fighting until a horrifying scream rang through the Parisian's ears.

Chat Noir's arms were stabbed. Right through his shoulder. He screamed in agony and Prom Queen didn't even flinch. She smirked and punched his stomach, "Where are you Ladybug?" Chat though.

"What happened to you Marinette? You used to be the sweetest girl I knew." Chat Noir asked weekly and coughed up some blood.

"Oh, you silly Cat. Being nice was my past time. But I've been hurt for the last time." she grabbed Chat's hand and took his miraculous away from him with ease from all the fighting they had gone through.

"Don't do this Marinette! You have so much to lose! Fight it!"

"There's nothing loses when you're lonely and friendless, Chaton."

"Very good Prom Queen. All that's left to do is get Ladybug's miraculous and everything will fall into place. But for the meantime, hand me the Chat Miraculous."

"Do you really think I'm giving you this Miraculous?" Prom Queen asked him.

"'Do I think so?' No, I know so."

"Wrong." she broke free from the akuma effortlessly.

"T-that's impossible!"

"Oh darling, you have no idea what's possible."

Let my reign begin.