13.Now who is Winter?

W I N T E R

Darkness.

That's what I can only see right now. The backside of my head is emanating so much strong and painful pain which makes me want to scream in pain, but I can't. I can't even whisper, forget screaming. I can't even move, forget walking. Furthermore, I can't even get out from this darkness, forget opening my eyes.

But I'm trying.

I'm trying my best right now to even slightly open my eyes, but it seems like I have forgotten how to do that a long time ago. I can only hear some faint murmuring of two people talking. I try to zoom in on their conversation.

“… you yourself knows that what you did was super stupid…” The unknown voice fades away in the air, replaced by an irritating noise. If I could move, I would have scrunched my face at the noise and blocked my ears. The voice felt like I have listened to it before.

“…well, well, well, I wonder why I thought you were smart before. I might have been that naive-” The soft female voice that has been interrupted right now is painfully familiar to my ear. But when I try to remember where I have heard that voice, my brain freezes.

Come on, my smart brain, don't freeze at the wrong time. Come to mama and give me your power. Come on.

“Naive my foot! You know what? Drop the act of yours and show me you… the real you!” The same male voice that I heard earlier shouts, making me unknowingly scrunch my face. It feels like I am slowly recovering.

Evil laughter from the same soft female voice echoes throughout the room. The laughter echoes in my ears, making it unbearable. I feel like my ears have turned too sensitive that I can even hear people breathing. I can feel that there are more than just the two people talking right now. I can feel two people near me who are staying silent and the one person lying down like me at my side while the two people are talking. More like arguing.

“John, how I miss that crazy little dick of yours,” Seriously? I can't get their conversation. One time they are talking about showing their real self and at other times they are talking about d*cks. What is happening to them? Or maybe I'm going crazy?

God, if I die from craziness right now, then will you welcome me to heaven? I don't wanna die when I'm young, but if I at least go to heaven, then I don't mind dying.

“Winter, Winter!” Someone beside me whisper-yelled at someone. Now who is Winter? Is she that one talking about that familiar man's d*ck? Any way, who keeps a name as Winter. If I was named Winter, I would have changed that name right after I knew I was named as that. Any way, I would rather want to be named after my favorite season which is-wait what? Isn't Winter my favorite season? And am I not named after my favorite season?

Then all came running back to my brain. I am Winter Grace. That familiar female voice was of Becky's. And the man talking to her was the devil.

“Winter, do you hear me?” That same person who, I now realize who he is, whisper-yelled to me. Again.

I try to open my eyes and it works. I blink several times to make the blurness go away. After few times of doing that, the blurness fades away.

I try to observe my surrounding, now that I can open my eyes. Xavier is at my left side on the marble floor looking at me with concern.

“Are you okay?” I quickly ask when I notice that there are bloods dripping from his forehead.

“I am. What about you? Doesn't your head hurts?” Xavier asks me back while trying to keep his voice low, which alerts me.

We are trapped here, both tied up and on the floor. God, is tonight going to be our final night? Please god, I don't want Xavier to die. Please show mercy on him, he just came here to help a friend of his-I mean actually my friend, but still he did. Why does something bad always happens when one tries to do a good deed? Is it to check one's determination? Well, then we will show you what determination really means.

“… Winter… Winter…WINTER!” Xavier shouts at my ear, making me wince slightly.

“W-what?” I try to move my hand to my ear, but realize that my hand is tied up. Oh, Gosh what's going to happen tonight?

“…Oh! I see, our two little guests have woken up. Oh John, let's welcome them. To my place. To the Hell!” I shiver at the tone of Becky. I hope she is not going to hurt us. If so, then I am going to scream my heart out. They were stupid to not cover our mouth. Oh… so the devil's name is John.

“Becky, cut to the chase,” Xavier slowly and intently says, which makes me tremble. I have seen him when he is angry, but this wasn't just anger. This was the calm before the storm.

“Oh… Xavier. How I wish we could have met in a good and different circumstances. But that's okay. You know why? Because I wouldn't have got you tied up here, if we haven't met in that circumstances,” She shifts her attention to me and when I look at her eyes, I could clearly see that she is jealous. But why?

“Becky… just tell me what you're doing, or I won't hesitate sending y'all to jail,” Xavier again uses the same tone, making me squirm.

“Gosh… Xavier, you're so sexy when you use that tone-”

“Becky, seriously. What's up with you? The cops are chasing and looking for us everywhere, and now here you're. Laughing and fucking flirting. You put me in this mess, and you're going to get me out of this too,” The devil or now that I know his name, John speaks with a warning tone.

“Are they chasing us or you?” Becky throws back.

“Gosh… Fucking bitch!”

“Language!” Becky warns, while I steal a glance at Xavier, who is clenching his jaw and looking at them very carefully and also trying to control his burning anger.

“Oh yeah… now you're gonna be my mother. Come on bitch! Just get me out of this,”

“What do you mean? How can I get you out of this?” Becky blinks very innocently and dramatically.

“You and I both know what I am talking about. Just give me my fucking passport and ID card!”

“Patience is a virtue,”

“But procrastination is a BITCH!” I don't know whether he was saying bitch to the word or her. It sounded like it was for her.

“Okay…okay then. But don't you wanna know why I did that to you?”

“I don't fucking care right now. I am all over the TV and all the cops are looking for me. I am trying my best to control my anger right now. You would have been death by now if you didn't have my passport and ID card,” John huffs out loudly. He has become painfully red and is also trying his best to try to control his anger.

“Well then… that's call for me to blurt out then…”

“Fuck no!” John shouts out loud.

“What do you mean?” Xavier asks using the same tone, but I can now see that he is on the edge.

“That means, it is time for revelation,” Becky winks at Xavier, making me want to slap her face while she gives me an evil grin.

Wow…can't wait.