Epilogue

W I N T E R

“You promise me to tell me everything from now on?” Ethan asks, making me regret for not telling him much.

“I promise,” I promise with sincerity. I know it's my fault, but I was really stress with the chaos happening to me and secrets unfolding that I forgot to tell Ethan. “So, what about the thing you wanted to tell me about?”

“Oh that,” Ethan laughs and blushes, making me more curious. “Me and Rosaline are going on a date.”

Finally.

“That's AMAZING!” I shout, making the students around us to look at me with a bored expression. What's new now? I pull him in a tight hug while planting a forehead peck.

“What about Xavier? I am shock as hell that he is a CEO at a young age,” We both break the hug while still holding each other's hand.

“He has now resumed going to his office. Since the chaos have calmed down,” He did hesitated on leaving the high school making me laugh a lot and convincing him was not to laugh at all. He was really stubborn.

I asked him how he got the position of the CEO so early without graduation. But he said he has graduated and then got the CEO position. He told me that he was promoted three times more class because he was intelligent. When I looked at the results of his high school exam, I felt like I didn't deserve to be called as a topper. But Xavier said marks are nothing. The knowledge inside your head is what matters, making me look at him with respect.

“Let's go meet Rosaline, she must be waiting for us,”

5 years later

I stare outside the glass window of Xavier office room. We always eat lunch together during our lunch break. I am an attorney, making myself and my parents proud. I am happy with the job -serving justice to people and seeing them smile after I succeed is one of the best feeling in life.

My mother is perfectly fine now. My mother has gone through more than eight operations and surgeries making me worry to death. But Xavier was a bench we could sit on when we were too tired. My dad has already started calling him his son-in-law, making me shy and embarrassed every time.

My mother has thankfully recovered, making everyone happy. But there is one problem, well, a tiny one -mom has been facing a lot of hair fall. Her hair is growing back, but the hair fall is different than I have ever seen. I have heard that after shaving your hair bald and then growing it back, will grow your hair to the best version. But that's definitely not for my mother.

She was whining a lot while my dad is busy cleaning the trail of hair she leaves behind. Last night, I went to my parent's house and told her to stop whining and be thankful that she has not died. She has now stopped whining and is looking at the positive side.

I hear the door being opened to see Xavier wearing a black suit with a black tie stepping in with a smile. I smile back while meeting his steps and hugging him. He kisses me everywhere on my face making giggle while he is still holding me on his strong arms. He has become more muscular and strong from the last time I remember.

“I missed you,” He says, making me giggle.

“We were just away for 13 hours,” I tease him, making him groan in disapproval.