Chapter Thirteen

*Louis' POV*

~before Savannah and Harry's date~

"Hey mate, what do you wanna make for lunch?" Niall asked me while rummaging through my cabinets.

"What do I have?" I yelled back. It's pretty sad that Niall knows more about what I have in stock than I do.

"Left over Chinese food sound good to you?"

"Sounds great. Just heat it up, I'll be in there in a minute!" Niall usually comes to my flat for dinner. Poor lad hates being alone. Not that I mind at all. I love having any of the lads over. We are constantly joined at the hip, but then again, don't we have to be? I was in the living room watching some dumb reality show that was strangely entertaining. A noise from the hallway caught my attention. Turning down the volume on the TV, I tried to get a better hear. "Niall, do you hear that?"

He peeped his head from out of the kitchen. "Hear what?"

"Shh, listen." We froze in place, trying to stay as still as possible.

"It sounds like someone crying." Niall said, his voice raising in confusion.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Who would be crying in the hallway?" I semi-whispered back.

"Wanna go check?" I stood up slowly from the couch and tip toed to my door. By the time I got there, the crying stopped.

"I don't hear it anymore."

"Open the door." He suggested. I placed my hand on the knob and cautiously turned it, pulling the door towards me. Peeking my head in the hallway, looking both ways, I saw nothing.

"Nobody is out here." I said, closing the door behind me.

"Huh, I wonder if they're okay."

"I hope so." Niall shrugged and went back into the kitchen and I followed.

"Zayn coming tonight?" Niall asked while mixing up some rice and placing back into the microwave.

"Erm, I think so. He might be bringing Perrie though. I think he said something about hanging out with her tonight." The microwave beeped notifying us that our food was done. Niall grabbed the food and slid it across the table to me along with a fork.

"Good, I miss Perrie. She's a good influence on him." I nodded my head and replied with a mouth full of bourbon chicken.

"He's trying to quite smoking again. Lets just hope Savannah doesn't decide to help and hide all of his cigarettes like she did last time." Niall chuckled remembering the extremities of Zayn's crankiness due to lack of nicotine.

"Speaking on Savannah, did you invite her?"

"Of course. I don't expect her to come though." Niall finished chewing and set down his fork. Wow, the guy was already done.

"Why?"

"She's on a date with Harry now." Niall basically spit his drink back into his cup.

"You're kidding me, right?" I didn't respond, just shook my head, refusing to make eye contact with Niall. I hate making eye contact with people who are upset.

"And you're letting him do this?" Niall's shock was now leaning more towards anger. He was just as protective of Savannah as I was.

"Everyone deserves a second chance Niall. She still doesn't remember. We need to let her make her own choices." I could see his knuckles turn white as he gripped his cup and narrowed his mouth by pursing his lips.

"Why hasn't she remembered yet? She needs to remember, Louis. She needs to." He shook his head and looked down at his drink. His voice sounded shaky and unsteady.