Chapter Four

I looked at the boys with disbelief. The smiles across their faces were spread from ear to ear.

"Surprise!" Louis said, walking over to me, giving me a hug.

"Louis, who are these people and what are they doing here?" I whispered in his ear behind a smile.

"Well, these are some old friends. I thought it would be nice if you met them again. They've all been very worried about you. And since you are now of legal drinking age, we don't have to hide our parties and it can be hosted here." He smiled, hoping that I would forgive him.

I turned around to see everyone already mingling. The alcohol was being passed out and the music started blasting, shaking the floors and vibrating the furniture. The lights were dimmed and the laser lights were turned on. The doorbell rang and when I opened the door, I was welcomed by more strangers. I looked at Louis who was giving me an apologetic smile.

"Hey Savannah, come over here!" Niall yelled at me over the music from across the room. I squeezed my way through large groups of faces I didn't recognize and found my way to Niall.

"Savannah, this is Ed Sheeran. You all used to be great friends." I gave Ed a smile and stuck out my hand for a proper hand shake. Instead, he opened his arms and gave me a hug.

"Hey Savannah! I see you're doing well. Happy birthday love! I hope things can go back to the way they were?" He asked me when he pulled away. His wild, red hair was sticking out in every direction.

"Um, yeah sure. And thank you!"

"You and Ed used to sing together all the time, but you never let anyone else listen to you. Only Ed." I looked over at Ed, confused. I didn't know I could sing?

"Really?" I asked him, sounding a little shocked.

"Yes, and you were phenomenal. You have a wonderful voice." Since I didn't want to look stupid, I just went with the flow.

"Well thank you. I'm sure your voice is beautiful too since you were the only one I would sing with." He laughed, for some reason, finding this funny.

"Maybe we can do that again sometime." Ed said, inviting me to come sing with him at his house next weekend, and I agreed. If it's something I enjoyed doing then, then it must be something I still enjoy doing now.

"Here Savannah, take a shot." Niall handed me a mini cup with some unfamiliar liquid inside of it.

"What is it?" I asked him, cautiously.

"Alcohol. Just try it. You'll like it. Take it down fast though and be ready for it to burn."

"Niall, I'm not too sure about this." I don't know why I was so scared. I know I've done it before. I guess it was just cause for all I knew, this is my first time drinking.

"Oh come on mate! Live a little!" I looked at the shot glass with uncertainty. Reaching my arm out, I slowly took the cup from his hand and brought it to my lips. I tilted my head back and poured the unknown liquid down my throat and swallowed it with one big gulp.

I felt like I just swallowed fire. My insides burned as I felt the strong alcohol slowly travel down my throat and drop into my stomach, making me cough. I could feel water start to fill my eyes and slowly roll down my cheeks.

"What the fuck did you just give me, acid?" I asked Niall.

"An old favorite." He said chuckling, then he smiled and walked away, leaving his answer at that. Whatever he gave me, it was strong, but now that the fire in my throat has calmed down, I was able to taste the actually flavor of the drink. Raspberry. Not bad. I grabbed another shot, once again successfully swallowing it in one big gulp and walked away to mingle.