Chapter One

I heard voices all around me, voices i didnt recognize. Where was I? I was too weak to open my eyes. Everything in my body ached. Every inch of me was filled with tremendous pain at just the slightest attempt to move. What was wrong with me? I seemed to be frozen, my joints and muscles stuck in place and refusing to move.

"I think shes waking up." I heard a strange man whisper. Someone grabbed my hand and leaned in closer. I could feel their warm breath on the crook of my neck, their body heat lingering on my skin. I heard muffled cries as someone's hair tickled my nose causing me to flutter my eyes open.

The room was bright white and blinding making me squint. My vision was blurry and I was still unable to make out the 7 figures surrounding me. Blinking a few times, my vision was now clear. Who are these people? The lady holding my hand looked at me with shock. Tears flooded her eyes and poured down her cheeks, landing on my blue gown. Her hair looked matted and her eyes had bags. The wrinkles in her forehead and grey in her roots shows shes been stressed. It looks like she hasn't showered or slept in weeks. Why was she holding my hand? Why was she crying?

The older man standing behind her was staring at me though his small, black, rectangular glasses smiling at me sympathetically. His dark black hair showed little grey and contrasted his pale white skin and dull green eyes. His coat seemed to blend in with his skin with pens sticking out of his pockets and a clipboard in hand. A stethoscope hung loosely around his neck and an I.D badge to go with it. I'm assuming this is the doctor, but why was there a doctor here? Am I at a hospital? Am I okay? What happened to me?

I looked around to the other 5 people standing around my bed. They all looked pretty banged up with cuts and bruises covering most of their skin. Smiles slowly spread across their faces when they saw me and walked a little closer to my bed, acknowledging I was awake. They have all obviously been crying, their red puffy eyes and tear stained faces being the evidence behind my theory.

My confused expression brought the doctor forward, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Good morning Savannah, how are you feeling?"

"Erm, confused. Why am I here and who are you people?" As soon as those words slipped my mouth, everyone's smile dropped. Every pair of eyes looked glazed, once again filling with tears. They all backed away.

"You don't recognize these people, Savannah?" The doctor asked me looking very concerned.

"No, should I?" The lady holding my hand was no longer fighting the tears. She broke into hysterical cries, squeezing my hand even tighter making it numb. I tried to let go and pull my hand away, but her grasp was so tight and my muscles were so sore. I didn't have the strength to move my arm.

I glanced over to the 5 boys that were now standing against the wall, looking down, resisting the urge to cry with guilt written all over their faces. All except one. He stood at the end of my bed, his hands gripping the pole so tight that his knuckles were white. His face was filled with frustration, refusing to make eye contact with me. His bright blue eyes started to fill with water as he ran his hand through his messy, long brown hair that was already sticking out in every direction. I saw his face flush as he stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him leaving the other 4 boys behind, not knowing what to do. The other brown haired boy, who's hair was shorter than the other's was soon chasing after him.

"Savannah, baby I'm your mother." The lady managed to choke out between sobs. I could see hope in her eyes pleading for me to believe her. I guess that made more sense as to why she was here crying and holding me, but she was still a stranger to me. As much as I wanted to believe her, it was hard. I have never met this woman before in my life and now she claims to be my mom? But then again, I don't remember what my mom looks like. Maybe this is her.