Chapter Eight

*Liam's POV*

I woke up to the sunlight shining through my window. I moaned and rolled over, but discovered an empty space. Where is Savannah? She was here last night, right? The kiss and the bedroom that followed. Was that just a dream? Oh, wait. She chose Harry. If she asks, I need to persuade her that nothing happened between us. I need to keep my distance. I have to stop becoming so attached because every time I do, she slips always through my fingertips.

I sat up and walked down the long, spiral staircase. Louis was the only one awake and was preparing breakfast.

"Hey mate. How did last night go? You seem a bit exhausted." Louis joked and winked.

"Horrible. She chose Harry. Just as things started to get better, she admitted she has feelings for him again. She still doesn't remember what happened at her party. What am I going to do Louis? Whether she remembers last night or not, she admitted to having feelings for Harry."

"Did she say she had feelings for you?"

"Well, sort of. She said that nothing has ever felt so right, but I can't be with her if Harry will always be in the back of her mind." I sighed and laid my head down on the counter.

"Just give her time. Give her some space. If she told you that nothing has ever felt so right, then obviously that means that whatever she feels between you two is so much more than whatever she felt or still feels between her and Harry. You just need to let her realize that on her own. If you keep your distance, she will realize she misses you and want you back. Trust me, with time, all of this will come together. You'll get your princess one day." Louis rubbed my back and spoke to me like I was a little brother going through his very first heartbreak and I guess that is technically true.

"Thank you Louis. Do you really think she will come around?"

"Positive." He shot me his sympathetic grin. I know he would rather me be with Savannah than Harry and I'm pretty sure all the other boys agree too. Well, all of them except for Harry of course.

Speak of the devil.

Harry trudged down the spiral staircase. His hair was sticking out in every direction. His back was hunched and his eyes were half closed. In other words, he looked awful.

"Harry, what's gotten into you?" I asked, genuinely concerned. He shot me an evil glare and I stared back with confusion.

"Oh, you know, maybe the fact that my best friend had sex with my ex girlfriend who I still love last night." He snapped at me. Ouch. That was harsh, but I guess I deserved it even though nothing happened.

"Don't get so down about it. Nothing happened. I stopped her when she said she still had feelings for you, so there ya go. She's yours." I turned my back to Harry and started walking in the opposite direction. I opened the closest door which happened to lead outside. I sat on a bench in the middle of the garden and put my head in my hands. It's for Savannah. I have to stay strong for Savannah.

I heard someone's footsteps in the distance, but I chose to ignore them. They stopped right in front of me, but I still refused to look up. "We need to talk about this."

"There isn't much to talk about. She wants you." Harry sat down beside me and sighed deeply.

"Tell me what happened."

"It was simple. Things were getting heated and I told her we shouldn't be doing this because she's drunk and she probably won't remember. I didn't want the memory of our first time together being something only I remembered. So then she said 'no, I want to do this. I want you and I have always wanted you Harry.' I pointed out that she called me Harry and she denied it saying she called me Liam. Then she finally confessed and said that she does still have feelings for you, but that she said that nothing has felt so right and was talking and me and her. I can't be with her if you'll always be in the back of her mind." I shook my head and looked away from Harry. I couldn't let him see the pain in my face.