Chapter Two

After a few weeks, I was released from the hospital. My leg was still broken, so I was stuck with dragging a big, bulky, black boot around me everywhere I went. Thankfully, the doctor gave me crutches and a wheelchair to make moving easier and a lot less painful. I was going to be staying in Louis' and Harry's flat until I was well enough to live on my own again. Even though the boys visited multiple times a day everyday while I was in the hospital, I still find everything a little unusual. I mean, think about it. I have only known these boys for a few weeks and now I'm living with them and relying on them to care for me. Isn't that a little much?

Louis wheeled me through the door of his flat, my hand groping the wall for the light switch. I flicked the lights on and was welcomed by 4 boys screaming 'welcome home' to the top of their lungs, popping out from behind couches and counters causing me to practically jump out of my chair. My heart started pounding and my hand was now covering my chest, trying to catch my breath.

"Oh my fucking god, you guys scared the shit of me!" I looked up and saw that they have made me a feast. Well, I wouldn't exactly call a taco bell buffet a feast, but considering the fact I haven't been eating lately due to my soreness, this was the closest thing to a proper meal I have had in weeks. They had several helium filled balloons surrounding the table and on either side of the entrance all saying things along the lines of 'welcome home' and 'we missed you.' "Awh guys, you shouldn't have!"

"Too late, we already did." Harry said, a smirk growing on his lips when he realized how scared I was.

"Oh my god, we got you so good!" Liam managed to say between breaths. He was laughing so hard he was rolling on the ground with tears coming out of his eyes, holding his stomach in pain. All the other boys seemed to be doing the same thing. Even Louis joined in on laughing at my reaction to the boys' surprise.

"Louis, you knew about this?!"

"Sorry love, I had to do it! This is payback for all those times you scared me after we watched a creepy film!"

"I really don't like surprises." I said, crossing my arms pretending to be mad. Honestly, I thought this was very thoughtful and sweet of them.

"I know that love, we all know that. And that's why we take every opportunity possible to surprise you." All the boys nodded their heads in agreement. I guess there was a lot about myself that I didn't quite remember.

"I'm glad you lads decided to show up. We thought you all would never get here! And now because of you, this food has been mocking me for hours. Let's eat!" Of course Niall would be the one to suggest we eat right away. Not that I would have done anything differently. I'm always up for food. Everyone starts digging in, except me. Not being able to reach the food from my chair, I'm struggling to make my plate.

"Here love, let me get it." Zayn was always so polite. He smiled without showing his teeth, handing me the plate, looking into my eyes. Something in his gaze told me that it was hurting him to see me like this. I may not remember everything the boys and I have been through, good or bad, but they do. I can only imagine what it's like for them to see one of their best mates in such a terrible condition. Not only is the physical damage rough on the eyes, but so is the mental. I didn't even recognize their faces or remember their names. I feel like I'm putting them through such unnecessary pain and it's my fault, even though I know it's not.

"Thank you Zayn." I said, giving him a half smile in return. I wish I could do something, anything to ease their pain.

I wheeled myself over to the living room where we ate our food in silence, enjoying every last bit of it. Once we were all finished, we turned on the radio and sat and talked for hours on end, reminiscing and laughing at all of the moments we spent together. It hurt me not remembering them. Being with them, I felt like myself. Spending time with them was my favorite thing to do. They always seemed to bring out the best of me.