9

James' POV
I stretch my arms out and look up to my ceiling. Wisps of dark brown hair cloud my vision and I hoist myself up. I look at my arm and smile. 1d 3h 0m 2s.
Lately there hadn't been any classes and archer had been staying at my place.
It's extremely nice especially since we're both a lot more settled about the spontaneous soulmate thing. And I'm thinking of asking them on a date. Possibly to the cafe here on campus. I feel like it'd be an amazing time. Especially since we'd been cooped up for a couple days.
I look beside me and see them laying there. Their wavy black hair messily strewn across the pillow.
We had moved the other bed that had been in the room beside my original bed to create a bigger bed.
Standing up I hear my knees pop and rub my eyes.
I drag myself out to the kitchen and start the coffee and go to my fridge.
I pull out some eggs and cheese. Omelets sound good.
I make quick work of making the food and I feel a pair of arms snag around my waist. As well as a head rest on my back.
I smile and flip the second omelette  onto a plate and turn around. I hug archer and hand them an omelette.
"The coffees on" I let them know.
They smile nodding and I head to the bathroom to shower.
Taking a deep breath I smile as I see archer's soap sitting on the ledge.
There's a new shampoo and conditioner, as well as some old spice body wash.
I make quick work of washing myself and my hair before getting out and wrapping a towel around my waist.
I head of of the bathroom and make it back to my room to change.
I throw a shirt over my head before I I start to dry my hair.
I hear a soft knock at my door and I tell archer to come in as I'm putting on my pants. "James, I need to go to my dorm to grab a couple things, I'll be back later though" they say. I wish them well and tell them to be safe.
The laugh and say they will before they leave the dorm. I finish getting dressed. I sit down at my desk and send out a couple emails before I see my moms calling.
I sigh and pick it up and she's automatically a bit upset. "WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU FOUND YOUR SOULMATE YOUNG MAN" she asks. I explain how I hadn't found my original soulmate yet.
But I had a spontaneous soulmate and my clock was still ticking.
She sounded confused but tried to understand. "Well do you know if your soulmates will want to come to the house for the holidays?" She asks. "No mom, I don't know. I'm assuming they may want to go to their families homes." I say.
We continue to talk and she makes me promise I'll ask both of them if they'd want to go to mine for Christmas and New Years.
I promise her and she talks my ear off for another hour and then my siblings for another hour afterwards until I hear the front door open.
I smile and tell them I have to go and that I love them all before hanging up.
I leave my room and see archer and cris walk in laughing.
I look at them and they're both holding bags upon bags of groceries and toys.
"They're for our soulmate! And cris was bored because Alex and tia are hanging out with people" archer explains.
I laugh and we all put away the groceries. Afterwards we go to the spare room and turn the light on before getting to work.
We put away the few toys they had gotten for our soulmate.
We all decided that it would be good to get lunch and watch a couple movies.
"Any recommendations?" I ask putting my coat on. "Well theres a small cafe here on campus! They have some of the cutest decor and employees!" Cris says. We all agree and head out the door. Deciding that my car is probably the best shot we have, we make it out there quickly.