4

Archer's POV
All I hear are incessant tics. All day every day. It gets rather annoying after 19 years. Even from birth. All you hear are faint ticks.
Every second of the day. Until there are two small chimes. Then they're silent for the night.
The night is the most peaceful. I can actually focus and I can sleep.
Those chimes are my second favorite sound, silence being my first.
But I can't really complain all too much about the ticking. I've learned to tune it out for the most part.
And you can't hear it over music. Though it's always there, and that's okay.
It'll be gone soon enough, and replaced with a baby. Not an actual baby of course, but my baby.
I finally snap out of my trance and look up at the digital alarm clock beside my desk.
9:24pm
I look at my wrist to see 4d 10h 30m 21s.
I chuck my pencil into my desk and forget about my homework for the night. It's useless trying to get any of it done when I'm this annoyed.
Since I'm already on the topic of my baby, I may as well organize their gift.
I say they, but I'm nearly positive my soulmate is a girl. For the simple fact of me having a seriously heavy female attraction, and if my soulmate were to be a man I'd have some explaining to do.
Mainly to myself. But also to those whom I've come out to.
I go over to the medium and small cardboard boxes sitting on my shelf and pull them down gently.
I'm not too sure what her interests might be. But I'm really hoping she's softer.
I think that clashing aesthetics in relationships are adorable. And having a soft or cottagecore girlfriend is a dream. But whatever she may be, they may be. I'll love them no matter what.
I'm allowed my preferences though.
Honestly. My perfect partner would be a shorter, soft, chubby regressor. And I cannot wait to find out if that's them.
Smiling softly, I gently remove the ribbon and lid of the larger box and peer in at the contents.
At the top, there's a pastel yellow sweater with bees and daisies adorning a stripe around the chest.
Underneath there's a pair of white frilly socks with lace trim, as well as a lavender turtle neck of mine.
There are letters and a necklace adorned with a small amethyst pendant as well, but the smaller box is the one I'm most excited to give them.
I separated the contents purely for their own comfort.
I carefully remove the lid of this box and smile widely at the items inside.
There's an adult bottle with a Winnie the Pooh face on the side, and a few pacifiers I decorated myself. As well as a small stuffed duck.
I reach out gently to pick the stuffie up and it rattles with the smallest touch.
I chuckle softly as I bring it out. I'm planning to cuddle with it each night, so it'll smell of me.
I've heard from friends who happen to be regressors, that it's something they'd love.
So I'm taking their word. After all, who would know what a regressor would like, more than another regressor?
I gently throw the duck onto my bed and look out the window. Snow. Everywhere. It looks as if the snow had started to create banks.
I shiver just at the thought of the cold I'd be enduring on my way to class tomorrow.
I shake my head and decide to head down to one of the study areas in the building.
I shoot a text to my friend George and ask if he and Bella would like to meet downstairs to use the study lounges as we do most every night.
I start to put on a black crew neck and turn to the side.
I smile at my flat chest as he responds. I look down at my phone to see that they'd be a little while and that I had time for my nightly workout.
I chuckle and begin to tie my hair into a top knot. I slide my hands down the back of the shaved sides of my head and look for my socks.
Once I've fully gotten dressed I grab everything I need and lock my door.
I had no need to worry about my room mate not having a key, as she dropped out about a week after the semester started. Since then, I've had the rooms and common area to myself. I'm planning on moving into my home full time after graduation, and I'd wait however long I'd have to for my love to graduate.
After all, a house cannot be a home without those you love inside.