18

James' POV
Looking up from cutting some broccoli and I hear Noah's voice. "Do you need any help?" She asks.
"Yeah, do you want to help me cook some rice to go with our soup?" I ask.
She nods and asks where it is. Pointing it out, I grab her a pot.
"When did you and Raine meet?" I ask grabbing another pot. "We met yesterday actually, she was training me for work" she says and I smile.
We make small talk and I ask if she had any allergies or dietary restrictions.
"No, Raine doesn't either" she says. I nod as I continue to make the soup.
I hear a door open and I look towards it to see Raine coming out.
"Hey bubba, are you okay?" I ask.
"Mhm! What're you guys making?" She asks coming over to the stove.
"Broccoli cheddar soup and rice hun, do you want to help?" Noah asks.
She nods and I hand her some apples to wash. "Okay kiddo, why don't you rinse these off and when archer comes out here y'all can cut them up" I say.
She nods and makes her way to the sink.
I turn back and turn the stove down and put a lid on the soup.
Leaving the stove I go to look for archer.
I see them sitting on my bed when I open the door and I shut it behind me.
They're wiping tears out of their eyes as I rush over. "Love are you okay? What's wrong?" I ask holding their head in my hands.
"I'm okay, these are happy tears. I'm just really really happy that we finally met her" they say smiling up at me. Chuckling I help them up and we leave my room.
"Archer!! Can you help me cut up the fruit please?" I hear a small voice ask. Archer chuckles and agrees while I go back to check on the soup.
I hear the two of them laughing and cracking jokes. "Can you grab me some bowls and plates babygirl?" I hear archer ask.
I see Raine go on her tiptoes to reach everything in the cupboard before walking over and handing me four bowls and four plates. I thank her and set everything down.
I start to ladle soup into the bowls, I make sure to put archers and mine over rice before asking if Noah and Raine if they'd like theirs over rice.
They both decline and I nod handing out bowls. We all take our food over to the table and I look at the time.
"Okay guys we have about an hour before we need to head out" I say.
Talking and eating, the time passes quickly.
After we've all eaten, we wash, dry and put away the dishes.
"Okay guys, make sure you've got everything you need to go" I say grabbing my laptop and charger.
"Bub, make sure you grab a blanket okay? We might watch a movie" archer says.
Noah and Raine make their way to raine's room. "Archer, could you grab a couple more blankets? I have a bag we could shove a couple pillows into as well" I say. "We should probably pack Raine a stuffie and a paci just in case. I'm not sure how easy it is for her to regress" they say and I nod.
Packing a few snacks in my backpack, I make sure to grab a sippie cup and fill it with some apple juice.
I also grab a couple bottles of water and put them in my back pack as well.
Walking over to Raines room, I knock on the door.
I go inside and see Raine debating with Noah.
"What's happening here?" I ask going you to them. "Raine is upset that I'm not letting her bring five stuffies" Noah sighs.
"Baby, you don't want them getting lost or dirty do you?" I ask and Raine shakes her head.
"How about this, you can pack a paci, onesie and a stuffie?" I ask. She contemplates for a few minutes before nodding and going over to her paci box. I see her pick out a yellow paci and she hands it to Noah before going to her bed and grabbing a teddy bear. I'm handed both and I put them in my backpack.