2

Raine's POV
tic
    tic
         tic
Constant, soft tics filled my ears during my English lesson. 3d 1h 32m 0s and 5d 0h 1m 12s. 3 days and 5 days.
I meet all of my soulmates in the next week. These are the moments my whole life has built up to. Two single moments in time that would change my life forever.
18 years built up to two moments. I'll finally be able to meet my soulmates. And it's so scary. My entire world will change in an instant. My clocks will disappear. That's terrifying.
But it's also exciting. "Ms. Amana, please answer the question." My professor calls my name and I'm suddenly shaken out of my daze. "Can you please repeat the question Ma'am?" I politely inquire. "Why do you think William Shakespeare used an alias?" I ponder for a minute or so before I answer. "Well miss, I believe that he may not have seen his given name as distinguished enough to gain notoriety for his work." She nods and smiles then turns around before dismissing the lecture.
I sigh in relief before putting my coat on and gathering my belongings. The below freezing temperatures really didn't suit the campus. Not without snow anyways.
The campus is beautiful in other seasons, but as the winter has begun to set in, so has the cold. The cobblestone walk ways are frosted over with a thin layer of ice. And I see many other students struggle to not fall as some walk back to the dormitories.
I'm among those returning to their temporary home. Anything to escape the cold. Summit University's dorms are as old fashioned as the school itself.
Yet everything on campus also seems to have a modern twist. Statues and art litter the campus and halls of the college.
Many freshmen and returning students join me in our trek to the "superior" dorms. The suites, as many call them. My dorm lies on the second floor of Beckman hall. Many art, music, and business majors reside here. The atmosphere is typically very warm and inviting. But we all have our moments of chaos.
I make a stop in beckman's mail room and send a friendly wave to the boy behind the desk. He asks me my name and what box number I have. "Raine amana and number 19" I reply. He looks through his catalogs and nods before checking something off and going into the back room.
He returns shortly and hands me two medium boxes, a few pouches, and a letter. I take them gently and thank him and grab a bin from beside the door, setting my mail inside.
I wave goodbye and leave the mailroom and head up the stairs. Up two flights and down my floor. I smile at people passing and greet some. I walk until I reach my dorm and unlock the door before walking in.
I shut the door behind me and lock it as I smile to my roommates, Amari and Kaylee, who are sitting on our shared couch, mugs in hand. They both say hello and amari offers to pause the movie so I can join them. I assure them that it's okay and that they should continue, as I don't want to interrupt.
Kaylee nods curtly and returns to the holiday binge fest. I make my way across our common space and to my room, which I quickly enter and lock.
I set my bin down and place my bag on my chair before removing my outdoor clothing.
I hang up my coat and hat and take my shoes off. I set my shoes neatly by the door.
Grabbing a box cutter I sit on the floor beside the bin of mail. I set out the packages gently before breaking the seal on both the boxes.
I gasp and smile widely when I see what's inside them. I see confetti in one of the boxes, and underneath are four onesies with matching bloomers. As well as a set of footie pajamas.
The first is a white fabric with frogs and lily pads all over it and a lime green trim.
The second is a white fabric with bees, honey comb, honey dippers and jars all over with a mustard yellow trim.
The third was a white fabric littered with primary colored letters and blocks.
And the last is a pastel blue fabric with clouds, stars, and moons along it and white trim.
They all came in a size 2XL and the bloomers the same.
The pajamas are a light blue with ducks scattering the fabric.
The second box is a care package from friends back home. Snacks and letters and a First-aid kit.
There's decorated pacifiers and silicon tethers in the pouches.
One pacifier is a plain yellow with white pearls for a boarder and a yellow building block planar with the letter B on it for the center.
The other is a brown color with white and Creme pearls filling the shield and handle. The center is a small bear planar.
The teethers are the same with different color schemes. One consists of white and yellow beads with a duck, another a light grey with pastel pink silicon beads with a strawberry, and a light brown and white with a bear as the focus.
I smile as I open the letter. It's a letter from the clock committee. It's tips on how to prepare to meet my soulmates.
I skim through it before I set it down and stand up. I take the new clothing items and hang them up in my closet. I take the pacifiers and teethers and set them on my desk.
I smile and sigh opening my blinds to look out the window. It's started to snow lightly, and there's students littering the campus. There's a sense of calm blanketing the school.
I look down at my right arm and suddenly a soft ticking fills my ears. 4d 15h 30m 22s, then to my left 2d 16h 1m 21s.
Nearly there. A week left. Then I'll meet all three of the loves of my life. And I honestly can't wait.