5

James' POV
There's only five days left and their wishlist came in. Yes I know it's weird. But it's to help get gifts for your person. It's an exciting look into their personality. And you get a new item every day.
The first days item was a small stuffed cow. The spots are pink and it's named "strawberry milk" which I find adorable. No tell on my future partners gender though.
A bit disappointing, but cute nonetheless.
I quickly purchase the cow on amazon, and notice that it's fairly inexpensive.
I smile and turn my phone off before I place it on my desk and lean back in my chair.
I had just finished my third midterm earlier that day and I was fairly exhausted. But it's Friday, so I was glad to have the weekend to regroup and relax.
My last midterm would be the day before I meet them, which was a bit inconvenient. But I'll just be glad to meet them.
Standing up, I stretch and frown. My dorms gotten lonely lately as my roommate had just moved out. Something about feeling sick and not wanting to get me sick.
But this means that if my soulmate were to be a regressor they could regress in peace.
I look over at the small shelf I've decided to place their gifts on. There's a collection of letters, a sweater of mine, and a plain yellow pacifier. As well as a silver ring with a small amethyst.
They're supposed to be my perfect match. So I'm hoping they're a regressor. And if they aren't, I'll try to explain it to them.
I honestly have no clue how much I could enjoy life without that aspect.
Caring for a little is something that brings me immense joy and comfort, it's one of my main therapies.
As well as it being a therapy for the regressor. I've dated two regressors, despite them not being my soulmate. I wanted practice, and there wasn't a ton of feelings involved. Considering we knew we weren't each other's soulmates.
We all kind of just wanted that care and experience. And I'm okay with that. I'm hoping to be the best boyfriend and caregiver I can be for them.
I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a buzzing. I look over to my phone and sigh picking it up.
I see belles name flash across my screen and smile. I pick up and she asks if I'd like to hang out with her, George, Zara, Trey, Cris, Gus, Archer, Will, Tia, mai and Alex.
I nod and agree and she tells me they're downstairs in one of the study rooms they've booked. Thanking her I throw on some grey sweatpants and a sweater, grab my keys, and lock my door.
I make my way down the stairs and mess my hair up a bit on the way.
Once I've gotten to the basement of our dorm hall I look for them.
Rather quickly I spot Archer walking and I wave them down. We catch up rather quickly and I notice their clock.
3d 4h 32m 1s
The same amount of time as mine.
Going at the same speed. Ticking down in sync.
I point it out and they look at my clock. Completely in shock we both say shit in unison.
That can't be coincidental. This shit doesn't happen. You don't just have two people meet their soulmates at the same exactly time.
We decide we need to go up to one of our dorms and talk about this. Figure it out.
I offer my dorm and they agree, but states that they're going to grab their gifts for their soulmate and we'd discuss.
I give them my floor and dorm number and tell them to head up when their ready, and I'd call belle to explain why we weren't there.
Sighing I frantically dial belles number and rush up the stairs.
Suddenly her voice fills my ear and I explain that Archer and I have to talk and that we wouldn't be down.
"Is everything okay?" "Yeah, there's just something off with our clocks and we wanted to figure it out! I hope you guys have fun!"
We exchange goodbyes and I unlock my dorm and hang up the phone.
I quickly go around cleaning the bit of mess from the counters and light a candle so it would smell pleasant.
There's a sharp knock at the door and I answer. Letting Archer in I see they're carrying two boxes.
I make my way back to my room and place the gifts I have for my soulmate in the pink gift box I've had for them and make my way out to my table.
"So our clocks are in sync. But I can't hear yours." They say and I nod.
"Do you think we might have the same soulmate?" I ask. Archer nods hesitantly. "My letter this morning said there was something unique about this relationship" they sigh.
My letter hadn't said anything of the sort.
"What was the item you got this morning?" I ask.
"A yellow stuffed cow" they say and I nod. "I got a pink stuffed cow"
"Then I guess we better both come clean about the regression." They state.
I chuckle nodding and open up the box. "I'm only a caregiver. Not a switch. I'm not sure about you though" I say as I sit down.
Archer laughs following suit. "Same here. And I'm assuming they're a girl. I'm more attracted to girls so it'd be a bit awkward if they weren't"
"I'm straight so it might be awkward if they were a dude" we both laugh together before grabbing our gifts and displaying them on the table. "Oh, I forgot to ask about your pronouns" I say. "They/them please, and you?" They ask. I smile and reply with he/him.
Together there were two tee shirts, two sweaters, a skirt, three pairs of cute socks, a onesie, six pacifiers, a bottle and a sippy cup. As well as two stuffed animals and some letters.
At least I could rest assured that our baby would be spoiled. And I could tell they were the stricter of the two of us.