Fair Game: Birds of a Feather Don't Always Stick Together

Start from the beginning

Clover ruffles Corvus's hair then follows his husband out of the house. When they were gone, Corvus sits on the floor by the couch where his still unconscious aunt laid.

"Uhg...ow..." Raven said waking up.

She tries to sit up, but the pain in her ribs forces her to flop back down on the couch with a weak grunt.

"Hi, Aunt Raven." Corvus said to her.

"Ah sh*t, no, I can't be here." Raven muttered trying again to get up.

"Hey! Don't get up, you're hurt!" Corvus scolded gently pushing back down.

"Buzz off, kid! I don't want to be here!" Raven snapped.

"Then why did you come here?" Corvus asked.

"Momentary lapse of judgement, I guess." Raven replied bitterly.

"What happened to you, Aunt Raven?" Corvus asked her.

"*siiiiggghhhh* If I tell you will you leave me alone?" Raven asked him.

"Well, I can't leave you completely alone. Daddy and Papa said I had to keep an eye on you while they went to get Uncle Tai." Corvus told her.

"Gods d*mn it, of course they're getting Tai." Raven cursed.

"Just please tell me what happened." Corvus said.

"I...underestimated a rival tribe leader, and they defeated me and took over my tribe. I...have nothing left...and nowhere to go." Raven explained.

"Then stay here with us." Corvus suggested.

"No, I can't. I've burned too many bridges...I'm not welcome." Raven sighed.

"Ruby says it's never too late to make amends." Corvus said, scooting a little closer.

"Maybe I don't want to make amends." Raven hissed.

Again she attempts to get up. This time she was able to make it a few feet before falling to the floor. Raven growls in frustration, slamming her fist on the floor.

"Aunt Raven..." Corvus said reaching out to help her.

"Get away! Don't touch me!" Raven snapped, batting away Corvus's hand.

Then Qrow, Clover, and Tai walk in.

"Raven, what the h*ll?" Tai said rushing over and helping her up.

"I don't need your f**king help." Raven told him.

"Watch that language in front of my son." Clover said.

"Oh, like his other father doesn't say sh*t like that?" Raven replied.

"Not all the time." Qrow said.

Corvus tells his dads and uncle what Raven told him.

"So...you're not in the tribe anymore?" Qrow asked his sister.

"No..." Raven replied, refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

"Well...you're staying here until you're healed up, then afterwards you can do whatever you want." Qrow told her.

"Fine." Raven sighed.

Later that night, Corvus brings his pillow and blanket to the living room and lays on the floor next to the couch where Raven was sleeping.

"What are you doing here, kid?" Raven asked.

"Keeping you company." Corvus replied.

"Why? Why are you being so...nice?" Raven asked the boy.

"Cause I'm a nice person." Corvus answered.

For days, Corvus barely leaves Raven's side. He talks to her about everything, and even though she don't say much back, he knows she's listening. It really seemed like they were forming a strong bond. Corvus enjoyed spending time with his aunt...and it looked like Raven was enjoying it too.

"Now that you're all better, wanna go to the park and play?" Corvus asked excitedly.

"Sure, I guess." Raven shrugged.

"You promise?" Corvus said smiling and bouncing up and down.

"Yeah, promise." Raven told him.

The next day, Yang comes over to see if what her father told her was true.

"Hey, Uncle Qrow and Uncle Clover. I heard Raven was here, is that true?" Yang asked as Qrow and Clover invite her inside.

"*sigh*....she was, but when I came downstairs this morning...Raven was gone." Qrow told his niece.

"Of course, why am I not surprised." Yang scoffed.

Corvus runs excitedly into the living room looking for his aunt. But when he doesn't see her he gets confused.

"Where's Aunt Raven?" Corvus asked.

Yang, Qrow, and Clover exchange looks of sympathy.

"Corvus, she..." Qrow began to say.

"Maybe she's in the kitchen." Corvus said, ignoring his father and running into the kitchen.

When Corvus didn't find Raven in the kitchen, he then checks the back yard. She was nowhere on the property...she had left early that morning, while everyone was sleeping.

"W-where did she go? Did she leave? Why did she leave? She...s-she promised she would go to the park with me...she promised!" Corvus said getting upset.

"Did...did I annoy her too much? Is that why she left? Was it because of me?" he asked crying.

"Corvus, is wasn't because of you...Raven left because that's just what she does." Yang told Corvus, hugging him.

Qrow was angry, he knew his sister was gonna do something like this once he saw her and his son starting to get close to each other. His sister has always let down the people who dare to care about her...and Corvus was just another person she let down and abandoned.

"Come here, buddy. It's gonna be okay." Qrow said picking his son up and placing him on his hip.

Corvus hugs his dad and cries into his shoulder. Qrow hugs back and kisses his son's head. Then Clover hugs them both and gives them each a kiss on the cheek.

"D*mn you, Raven." Yang grumbled to herself.

Poor Corvus really thought his aunt had changed for the better. He thought that they were gonna all be one big happy family. But, Raven obviously didn't feel the same...so, she left. Now, because of this, Qrow hates his sister even more than he has ever had, she hurt his son just like she had hurt him, Yang, Tai, and Summer...he can not forgive that. Eventually, Corvus got over it, but now he'll think twice before trusting Raven Branwen.